Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can't burn to CD drive

Can't burn to CD drive

mark.england

Posted a few days ago but did'nt get a reponse. Here goes again...

I have a Sony Viao, Win XP, SP2. I cant burn to the CD anymore and bought
an external that worked on another PC, no go. I set IMAPI to manual and
automatic... no go. It goes throught the process normally but the burn
doesn't take. Hardware profiles says "the device is working properly".
Have the latest driver.

Used Nero, Windows default etc, just not working.

Any help is appreciated.

Evan Platt

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 17:19:10 GMT, "mark.england"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Posted a few days ago but did'nt get a reponse. Here goes again...

Look again, yes you did.

>Used Nero, Windows default etc, just not working.

You omitted the above line in your first post, and the reply was
asking you what program you used.

>Any help is appreciated.

mark.england

Maybe I should have phrased that "didn't get and answer to my question".
Hey, not trying to be difficult here... just trying to get some assistance.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 17:19:10 GMT, "mark.england"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Posted a few days ago but did'nt get a reponse. Here goes again...

> Look again, yes you did.
>
>>Used Nero, Windows default etc, just not working.

> You omitted the above line in your first post, and the reply was
> asking you what program you used.
>
>>Any help is appreciated.

> To reply, remove TheObvious from my e-mail address.

Evan Platt

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 17:30:18 GMT, "mark.england"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Maybe I should have phrased that "didn't get and answer to my question".
>Hey, not trying to be difficult here... just trying to get some assistance.

You didn't get an answer to your question because you left out what
people feel is an important detail.

Perhaps I don't see your logic. You asked a question, someone asks for
what they believe is an important detail you left out. So, rather than
replying, you create a whole new thread and say "no one answered me
the first time?"

mark.england

Alright... I now officially consider myself chastised. Now that you have so
eloquently informed me of proper newsgroup etiquette... DO YOU HAVE A
SUGGESTION?

If not... then LET IT DROP!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 17:30:18 GMT, "mark.england"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Maybe I should have phrased that "didn't get and answer to my question".
>>Hey, not trying to be difficult here... just trying to get some
>>assistance.

> You didn't get an answer to your question because you left out what
> people feel is an important detail.
>
> Perhaps I don't see your logic. You asked a question, someone asks for
> what they believe is an important detail you left out. So, rather than
> replying, you create a whole new thread and say "no one answered me
> the first time?"
> --
> To reply, remove TheObvious from my e-mail address.

Mitch

In article <hkWqf.428477$084.186463@attbi_s22>, mark.england
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> It goes throught the process normally but the burn
> doesn't take.

What does that mean?
How did you try it?
Are you moving the disc to another machine and it isn't readable, or
are you unable to use it even on the same machine? Are you moving it to
another drive to check? Do you get an error message? once it's burned,
does it appear in the volumes list?