Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Changing the a registry string value using a .reg file

Changing the a registry string value using a .reg file

Lando Chez

Hi

I probably should'nt ask this question in this forum, but I could not
find the proper forum/discussion to ask this and I really need to
figure this out very urgent.

I want to use a .reg file to make changes in the registry. I am trying
to change the (Default) string value that can be found at the top of
every key. I am not able to do this . I use the following code in my
..reg file to achieve this.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\Lotus
Notes\Shell\Open\Command]
"(Default)"="C:\\Program Files\\Lotus\\notes\\notes.exe
=i:\\Notes\\notes.ini"

But instead of changing the (Default) string value it adds a double
string value called (Default). How can I change the (Default) string
value using the .reg file??

Thank in advance

why?

On 23 Dec 2005 08:32:53 -0800, Lando Chez wrote:

>Hi
>
>I probably should'nt ask this question in this forum, but I could not

newsgroup, is 24HSHD.

>find the proper forum/discussion to ask this and I really need to
>figure this out very urgent.

None of the Microsoft (product = Windows is the version I have)
newsgroups, including the developer groups, nothing in the Microsoft
MSDN online development documentation.

>I want to use a .reg file to make changes in the registry. I am trying
>to change the (Default) string value that can be found at the top of
>every key. I am not able to do this . I use the following code in my

So far so lucky.

>.reg file to achieve this.

<snip>

Me

Ben Myers

See if this is what you are after.

REGEDIT4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\Lotus Notes\Shell\Open\Command]
@="C:\\Program Files\\Lotus\\notes\\notes.exe=i:\\Notes\\notes.in i"
[end]

Ben