Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Converting M4P to MP3? How?

Converting M4P to MP3? How?

Julie P.

I just bought an MPS player for the first time and downloaded a .m4p file
from Itunes. My SanDisk MP3 player will only play WMA and MP3 files though.
I need to convert from M4P to MP3, but have no idea how to do this. I opened
Windows Media Player to try to do it, but don't know how to select a file to
sync it to MP3, if that is what I am supposed to do.

I need to do this by tomorrow morning.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Also, how do I download Itunes directly in MP3 format?

Julie

Trax

"Julie P." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>I just bought an MPS player for the first time and downloaded a .m4p file
|>from Itunes. My SanDisk MP3 player will only play WMA and MP3 files though.
|>I need to convert from M4P to MP3, but have no idea how to do this. I opened
|>Windows Media Player to try to do it, but don't know how to select a file to
|>sync it to MP3, if that is what I am supposed to do.
|>
|>I need to do this by tomorrow morning.
|>
|>Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
|>
|>Also, how do I download Itunes directly in MP3 format?

Copy and pasted as I don't think you can read the replies
http://tinyurl.com/8back

Title: HOw can i convert an m4p file to mp3
"hey guys have anyone know how to convert an m4p file ( itones ) to
an mp3 i dont care if i most pay for this program but i needed plz
help !!!"

Accepted Answer from rsdn
Date: 01/17/2005 07:14AM PST
Grade: A
Accepted Answer

Hi:

iTunes provides AAC-compressed MPEG-4 files. The only way to convert
them
to quality MP3 files is to use iTunes to burn them to a CD-R/CD-RW,
then rip/encode them as you would any other CD. You would probably do
this
anyway, since it gives you a backup of the downloaded files that you
put
away and/or play somewhere that you don't have iTunes available.

Try also this Converter:
http://www.dbpoweramp.com

rsdn

Assisted Answer from crissand
Date: 01/17/2005 09:30AM PST
Grade: A
Assisted Answer

Usually dbPowerAmp can do it.

www.dbpoweramp.com for program and

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-mp4.htm for m4p codec.

DBPowerAmp must be installed before the codec.

Assisted Answer from SheharyaarSaahil
Date: 01/17/2005 07:40PM PST
Grade: A
Assisted Answer

some more tips, only if you need!

iTunes: how to convert mp4 to mp3?
http://p197.ezboard.com/fmacnightowl...icID=575.topic

Convert iTunes M4P music to MP3!! It works!!!
http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=4409

Assisted Answer from selectlee
Date: 01/18/2005 01:40AM PST
Grade: A
Assisted Answer

It is easy to convert .m4p to mp3.
M4P format is "protected AAC". It is a format of purchased music that
can be listened to only through the iTunes softer or an iPod.

You can Download the m4p to mp3 converter from
http://www.topvideopro.com/mp4-m4a-c...-converter.htm
If .m4p file is protected, you maybe need HYMN (
http://hymn-project.org/ )to decrypt first.

Comment from selectlee
Date: 01/21/2005 10:20PM PST
Comment

Here are the steps.
1. Download HYMN from http://hymn-project.org/ and install it to
c:\hymn
2. Create the directory c:\hymn\music\
3. Open iTunes and drag your playlist or files to c:\hymn\music
4. At a command prompt (open a MS dos command prompt window
start>>accessories>>command prompt ) go to c:\hymn\ and type:
hymn c:\hymn\music\*.m4p
This will convert .m4p files to .m4a files.
5. Download xilisoft audio converter from
http://www.topvideopro.com/mp4-m4a-c...-converter.htm
and convert .m4a files to MP3.

Comment from turn123
Date: 01/28/2005 03:28AM PST
Comment

Hi MadEmpeRor ,
Since we haven't heard from you for a couple of days could you please
give us an update on the status of this question?
See: http://www.experts-exchange.com/help.jsp#hi51 Thank you,
turn123's friendly update request script.
Offtopic comments about this script to
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Appl..._21188389.html please
.

Administrative Comment from turn123
Date: 02/21/2005 03:44AM PST
Administrative Comment

Hello,

After 21 days with no comments this question has been classified as
abandoned. I will make a recommendation to the moderators on its
resolution in the next few days.

EXPERTS: Please make a recommendation on how you feel the question
should be closed. If you feel you deserve points here, but don't care
to respond, the question might very well get DELETED.

ASKER: Please return and finalize this question. Abandoning a
question is in violation of the member agreement. If no response, my
recommendation will very likely be NO REFUND. If you do not know how
to close the question, the options are here:
http://www.experts-exchange.com/help.jsp#hs5

Thank you,

Turn123
EE Cleanup Volunteer

Comment from selectlee
Date: 02/22/2005 06:22AM PST
Comment

This question about "m4p to mp3" is very userful to many people who
download music from iTunes. I think my comments can solve this
question perfectly.

So I suggest the question should NOT be deleted.

Thanks.

Administrative Comment from turn123
Date: 02/25/2005 04:02AM PST
Administrative Comment

I will leave the following recommendation for this question in the
Cleanup topic area:
Split: rsdn {http:#13063872} & crissand {http:#13065095} &
SheharyaarSaahil {http:#13069309} & selectlee {http:#13070511}

Any objections should be posted here in the next 4 days. After that
time, the question will be closed.

Turn123
EE Cleanup Volunteer

Administrative Comment from PAQ_Man
Date: 03/01/2005 07:12PM PST
Administrative Comment

Forced accept.

PAQ_Man
Community Support Moderator

--
http://www.chappelletheory.com/index.html

FML

Julie P. wrote:
> I just bought an MPS player for the first time and downloaded a .m4p file
> from Itunes. My SanDisk MP3 player will only play WMA and MP3 files though.
> I need to convert from M4P to MP3, but have no idea how to do this. I opened
> Windows Media Player to try to do it, but don't know how to select a file to
> sync it to MP3, if that is what I am supposed to do.
>
> I need to do this by tomorrow morning.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
>
> Also, how do I download Itunes directly in MP3 format?
>
> Julie

I don't think you are going to be able to do it directly. iTunes files
are copy protected (DRM). You will need to burn the file(s) to an Audio
CD and then rip them to MP3.

Julie P.

"FML" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I don't think you are going to be able to do it directly. iTunes files are
> copy protected (DRM). You will need to burn the file(s) to an Audio CD and
> then rip them to MP3.

Thanks. I am just going to return the SanDisk MP3 player and buy an IPOD
Shuffle tomorrow. I think you can directly go from your hard drive to Ipod
if you order via Itunes.

Julie

Julie P.

"Trax" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Julie P." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> |>I just bought an MPS player for the first time and downloaded a .m4p
> file
> |>from Itunes. My SanDisk MP3 player will only play WMA and MP3 files
> though.
> |>I need to convert from M4P to MP3, but have no idea how to do this. I
> opened
> |>Windows Media Player to try to do it, but don't know how to select a
> file to
> |>sync it to MP3, if that is what I am supposed to do.
> |>
> |>I need to do this by tomorrow morning.
> |>
> |>Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
> |>
> |>Also, how do I download Itunes directly in MP3 format?
>
> Copy and pasted as I don't think you can read the replies
> http://tinyurl.com/8back

Thanks for that info. this seems like a pain though. I just wish they
made it easy to copy a downloaded file to MP3 player without having to do
all of that.

Julie

FML

Julie P. wrote:
> "FML" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>

>>I don't think you are going to be able to do it directly. iTunes files are
>>copy protected (DRM). You will need to burn the file(s) to an Audio CD and
>>then rip them to MP3.

> Thanks. I am just going to return the SanDisk MP3 player and buy an IPOD
> Shuffle tomorrow. I think you can directly go from your hard drive to Ipod
> if you order via Itunes.
>
> Julie

Yes you can. Unless there are budget constraints, I would recommend the
Nano over the Shuffle. The lack of a screen and the ability to control
how your music plays is a drawback IMHO.

Mitch

In article <1JMpf.4210$u36.3017@trndny01>, Julie P.
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Trax" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > file
> > though.
> > opened
> > file to

> > Copy and pasted as I don't think you can read the replies
> > http://tinyurl.com/8back
> >

> Thanks for that info. this seems like a pain though. I just wish they
> made it easy to copy a downloaded file to MP3 player without having to do
> all of that.

It is a bit of a limitation.
The copyright on music makes some kind of limitation common to most
music legally purchased online. At least with iTunes you can make legal
duplicates onto CD (up to five writes?) and share with the player.
Other systems won't let you share with any other devices, with only
limited devices, or only through their own player software. And with
most I don't think you can burn to disc.

old jon

"Julie P." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I just bought an MPS player for the first time and downloaded a .m4p file
>from Itunes. My SanDisk MP3 player will only play WMA and MP3 files though.
>I need to convert from M4P to MP3, but have no idea how to do this. I
>opened Windows Media Player to try to do it, but don't know how to select a
>file to sync it to MP3, if that is what I am supposed to do.
>
> I need to do this by tomorrow morning.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
>
> Also, how do I download Itunes directly in MP3 format?
>
> Julie

http://www.gates-of-hell.com/web/Pag...0to%20mp3.aspx

ross

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 03:22:33 GMT, "Julie P." <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I just bought an MPS player for the first time and downloaded a .m4p file
>from Itunes. My SanDisk MP3 player will only play WMA and MP3 files though.
>I need to convert from M4P to MP3, but have no idea how to do this. I opened
>Windows Media Player to try to do it, but don't know how to select a file to
>sync it to MP3, if that is what I am supposed to do.
>
>I need to do this by tomorrow morning.
>
>Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
>
>Also, how do I download Itunes directly in MP3 format?
>
>Julie

Have a look at
Easy CD-DA Extractor.
Not free but easy as pie to use