Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Firefox

Firefox

MrMagoo

Have xp pro sp2 with firefox 1.0.7
Need to know what the path to bookmarks.html is.I have run a serach
on my hdd but it comes up empty & I know it has to be somewhere.
..I have unticked show system & hidden files in windows
Any help is appreciated

Jim Scott

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 16:01:17 -0600, MrMagoo wrote:

> Have xp pro sp2 with firefox 1.0.7
> Need to know what the path to bookmarks.html is.I have run a serach
> on my hdd but it comes up empty & I know it has to be somewhere.
> .I have unticked show system & hidden files in windows
> Any help is appreciated

C:/Documents and Settings/
YOURNAME/
Application Data/
Mozilla/
Firefox/
Profiles/
ANUMBER/
bookmarks.html

The stuff in CAPITALS will be specific to you.
--
Jim
Tyneside UK

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

MrMagoo wrote:

> Have xp pro sp2 with firefox 1.0.7
> Need to know what the path to bookmarks.html is.I have run a serach
> on my hdd but it comes up empty & I know it has to be somewhere. .I
> have unticked show system & hidden files in windows Any help is
> appreciated

Normally:

C:\Documents and Settings\<yourusername>\Application
Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<randomletters>.defa ult\bookmarks.html

Be careful what you open it with...

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

DC

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> MrMagoo wrote:

>> Have xp pro sp2 with firefox 1.0.7
>> Need to know what the path to bookmarks.html is.I have run a serach
>> on my hdd but it comes up empty & I know it has to be somewhere. .I
>> have unticked show system & hidden files in windows Any help is
>> appreciated

> Normally:

> C:\Documents and Settings\<yourusername>\Application
> Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<randomletters>.defa ult\bookmarks.html

> Be careful what you open it with...

Naw, MS Word will do just fine. };O)

JK!!!

--
DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many'
and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

DC wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> Be careful what you open it with...

> Naw, MS Word will do just fine. };O)
>
> JK!!!

Heehee, hopefully all the readers know what "JK" is...

Actually, I just opened it with OpenOffice (don't have Word), and it
*reads* fine, but I'll be keeping my little mousy away from that picture
of a diskette...

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

DC

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> DC wrote:

>> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>>> Be careful what you open it with...

>> Naw, MS Word will do just fine. };O)

>> JK!!!

> Heehee, hopefully all the readers know what "JK" is...

("Just Kidding", for the uninitiated.)

> Actually, I just opened it with OpenOffice (don't have Word), and it
> *reads* fine, but I'll be keeping my little mousy away from that picture
> of a diskette...

I made that mistake once. Not in Word, I forget what I used... In any
event, with all the markup and embedded favicon code and other fluff in
that file, running HTML Tidy on it (by accident!) was not my brightest
moment. In fact, the unbrightness was so total that my clock stopped
and I haven't seen my stapler or my three-hole punch ever since.

Could have been Note Tab Lite, maybe...

Luckily, I always keep upbacks. }:O)