Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Defrag Pagefile and MFT

Defrag Pagefile and MFT

Joe

I have Windows XP Pro with SP2 (NTFS file system). I also have O&O
Defrag V8 Pro. Can you tell me how to defrag the pagefile and Master
File Table using O&O?
--
Post your reply as a thread (obiviously), or E-Mail me at

Ron Martell

Joe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have Windows XP Pro with SP2 (NTFS file system). I also have O&O
>Defrag V8 Pro. Can you tell me how to defrag the pagefile and Master
>File Table using O&O?

If your computer is actually writing to and reading from the pagefile
to such an extent that fragmentation of the pagfile could have a
measurable impact on overall performance then the fact that it is
actually using the pagefile will have an impact that is hundreds of
times greater than any possible effect of pagefile fragmentation.

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP (1997 - 2006)
On-Line Help Computer Service

Clocking multiple MFT E1 G703 cards? bob@bfisk.demon.co.uk Cisco 2 12-31-2005 06:18 PM
Wanted: Python module allowing direct access to raw sectors of harddrives (MFT, boot sector, etc.) in MS Windows jepler@unpythonic.net Python 7 10-12-2005 11:05 PM
defrag pagefile SA Computer Support 17 06-27-2004 09:42 PM
MFT (Master File Table) and volume bitmap is corrupt, how to fix? RavenKnight Computer Information 5 01-26-2004 05:05 PM
Diskeeper Pro trial - MFT doesn't defrag gigajosh Computer Support 10 10-10-2003 04:19 PM

Advertisments