Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > repair windows ?

repair windows ?

DrvnguyQ

I have windows xp pro ,I have some dammaged files ,what is the correct
procedure to correct them without having to re install windows or can i just
reinstall and over write everything ?...without losing any files(mp3 dvd and
stuff ) ..
thanks for your suggestions ...merry Christmas

Rich Wilson

"DrvnguyQ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have windows xp pro ,I have some dammaged files ,what is the correct
>procedure to correct them without having to re install windows or can i
>just reinstall and over write everything ?...without losing any files(mp3
>dvd and stuff ) ..
> thanks for your suggestions ...merry Christmas

Boot from the Windows CD... there's a Repair option. Use that, it does
exactly what you need.

DrvnguyQ

Thanks for the quick reply
"Rich Wilson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:yogpf.16442$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "DrvnguyQ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have windows xp pro ,I have some dammaged files ,what is the correct
>>procedure to correct them without having to re install windows or can i
>>just reinstall and over write everything ?...without losing any files(mp3
>>dvd and stuff ) ..
>> thanks for your suggestions ...merry Christmas

> Boot from the Windows CD... there's a Repair option. Use that, it does
> exactly what you need.

anon

I have the same problem, but the HP that I bought already has XP Home
installed and I do not have the physical install CD. I there any way that I
can make the same repair?