Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > No "Application Data" Folder: Why ?

No "Application Data" Folder: Why ?

Robert11

Hello:

Running XP, and using Word 2002.

Have been trying to find where any of the MS Word "Auto Recovered" files
might
hopefully be saved to after my PC crashed. Word's Auto Recover was on, so
they should be "somewhere"

My understanding is that there should be a folder called Word in:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Microsoft\Word

But I have no "Application Data" folder under my Username.

There is however a UserData folder, but nothing useful there.

Any thoughts as to why I do not have an Application Data Folder ?

Or, where the Recovered Files hopefully are ?

Thanks,
B.

Rich Wilson

"Robert11" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Hello:
>
> Running XP, and using Word 2002.
>
> Have been trying to find where any of the MS Word "Auto Recovered" files
> might
> hopefully be saved to after my PC crashed. Word's Auto Recover was on, so
> they should be "somewhere"
>
> My understanding is that there should be a folder called Word in:
> C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Microsoft\Word
>
> But I have no "Application Data" folder under my Username.

It's a hidden folder - is the option to show hidden folders turned on?