Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Icon in 'My Computer'

Icon in 'My Computer'

antwine

Win XP Pro
A year or so past I had a cheap digital camera which came with a
floppy with 'Multimedia Camera Manager' application that I
installed. I no longer use the camera and have uninstalled the
app but one thing remains: A camera icon shows in 'My Computer'
and also in Explorer.
I have tried everything I know of to remove that icon but no luck.
Reinstall of the app - several times, going through the registry
and administrative tools.
There is no way I have tried to get rid of that icon and I'm tired
of seeing it. There is nothing left of the application I'm sure and
I cannot find anything pointing to it in the registry but there has to
be something somewhere. Can someone help?

old jon

"antwine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Win XP Pro
> A year or so past I had a cheap digital camera which came with a
> floppy with 'Multimedia Camera Manager' application that I
> installed. I no longer use the camera and have uninstalled the
> app but one thing remains: A camera icon shows in 'My Computer'
> and also in Explorer.
> I have tried everything I know of to remove that icon but no luck.
> Reinstall of the app - several times, going through the registry
> and administrative tools.
> There is no way I have tried to get rid of that icon and I'm tired
> of seeing it. There is nothing left of the application I'm sure and
> I cannot find anything pointing to it in the registry but there has to
> be something somewhere. Can someone help?

Tried a rt\click on it, and Properties. If it`s got a name you should be
able to Search for it, iexx.ico.
bw..OJ

George Maniac Bajszar

antwine wrote:
> Win XP Pro
> A year or so past I had a cheap digital camera which came with a
> floppy with 'Multimedia Camera Manager' application that I
> installed. I no longer use the camera and have uninstalled the
> app but one thing remains: A camera icon shows in 'My Computer'
> and also in Explorer.
> I have tried everything I know of to remove that icon but no luck.
> Reinstall of the app - several times, going through the registry
> and administrative tools.
> There is no way I have tried to get rid of that icon and I'm tired
> of seeing it. There is nothing left of the application I'm sure and
> I cannot find anything pointing to it in the registry but there has to
> be something somewhere. Can someone help?

Go to the Device Manager. Check if camera is installed as device. Rt
click on device, choose delete. Icon should be gone then.

Unk

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 11:47:58 -0700, "antwine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Win XP Pro
>A year or so past I had a cheap digital camera which came with a
>floppy with 'Multimedia Camera Manager' application that I
>installed. I no longer use the camera and have uninstalled the
>app but one thing remains: A camera icon shows in 'My Computer'
>and also in Explorer.
>I have tried everything I know of to remove that icon but no luck.
>Reinstall of the app - several times, going through the registry
>and administrative tools.
>There is no way I have tried to get rid of that icon and I'm tired
>of seeing it. There is nothing left of the application I'm sure and
>I cannot find anything pointing to it in the registry but there has to
>be something somewhere. Can someone help?

Right-click a blank spot on the desktop, select "Properties", "Themes" tab, and use the spin box
to select "Windows XP" or "Windows Classic", Apply, OK