Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Wolfenstein Enemy Territory Q

Wolfenstein Enemy Territory Q

Steve

Thanks to SS for sugesting this game cos it looks really nice.

I downloaded it and the patch and installed it and it runs fine but it won't
let me play .I click on a game and then on join server and the level loads
but it only lets me see another players view as they fight or lets me look
around but not move or shoot.

I've tried leaving and joining other games but they are all the same.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks.

Secret Squiddle

news:dphof.84039$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> Thanks to SS for sugesting this game cos it looks really nice.
>
> I downloaded it and the patch and installed it and it runs fine but it
> won't let me play .I click on a game and then on join server and the level
> loads but it only lets me see another players view as they fight or lets
> me look around but not move or shoot.
>
> I've tried leaving and joining other games but they are all the same.
>
> What am I doing wrong ?
>
> Thanks.

You need to read the instructions. ET multiplayer games are based on rounds.
You can only join the action when it's the right time for new players.

While you are in limbo, you can select which team you want to play as, and
what class of soldier, then it's a question of waiting for the respawn time.

The time varies between games. Some games only allow a spawn at the start of
a match, others have multiple respawn times.

Does that make sense? I would fire it up and check, but I don't have it
installed on this computer.

**SS**

Steve

"Secret Squiddle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:43a1a94f$0$29564$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:dphof.84039$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
>> Thanks to SS for sugesting this game cos it looks really nice.
>>
>> I downloaded it and the patch and installed it and it runs fine but it
>> won't let me play .I click on a game and then on join server and the
>> level loads but it only lets me see another players view as they fight or
>> lets me look around but not move or shoot.
>>
>> I've tried leaving and joining other games but they are all the same.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong ?
>>
>> Thanks.

> You need to read the instructions. ET multiplayer games are based on
> rounds. You can only join the action when it's the right time for new
> players.
>
> While you are in limbo, you can select which team you want to play as, and
> what class of soldier, then it's a question of waiting for the respawn
> time.
>
> The time varies between games. Some games only allow a spawn at the start
> of a match, others have multiple respawn times.
>
> Does that make sense? I would fire it up and check, but I don't have it
> installed on this computer.

Ok I got it now.

Wow this game is hard !! I hardly get to see the enemy before I'm dead.

Secret Squiddle

newsqmof.68824$(E-Mail Removed). uk...

> "Secret Squiddle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:43a1a94f$0$29564$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:dphof.84039$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
>>> Thanks to SS for sugesting this game cos it looks really nice.
>>>
>>> I downloaded it and the patch and installed it and it runs fine but it
>>> won't let me play .I click on a game and then on join server and the
>>> level loads but it only lets me see another players view as they fight
>>> or lets me look around but not move or shoot.
>>>
>>> I've tried leaving and joining other games but they are all the same.
>>>
>>> What am I doing wrong ?
>>>
>>> Thanks.

>> You need to read the instructions. ET multiplayer games are based on
>> rounds. You can only join the action when it's the right time for new
>> players.
>>
>> While you are in limbo, you can select which team you want to play as,
>> and what class of soldier, then it's a question of waiting for the
>> respawn time.
>>
>> The time varies between games. Some games only allow a spawn at the start
>> of a match, others have multiple respawn times.
>>
>> Does that make sense? I would fire it up and check, but I don't have it
>> installed on this computer.
>>

> Ok I got it now.
>
> Wow this game is hard !! I hardly get to see the enemy before I'm dead.

It all depends on how good the other players are, and what sort of ping you
have on the server. Choose servers with lowest pings - to stand a fair
chance.

You will get better the more you get used to it. It's a good game.

**SS**