Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Plumber needed

Plumber needed

Plato

Henry Southcot wrote:

I find it hard to believe that so many you didnt see this immediately as
a troll post by looking at the multitude of troll groups it was posted
to.

Adelomelon Ussuricum Gabryae

Plato, <|@|.|>, the bacchanalian, amoeban foreskin, and assistant errand
boy, choked out:

> Henry Southcot wrote:
>>

> I find it hard to believe that so many you didnt see this immediately
> as a troll post by looking at the multitude of troll groups it was
> posted to.

Who didn't? Mom went straight to the quack because she realised she'd caught
the very same cunfungus from the OP.

--
HS

The U.S. Constitution

Auk-Tard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in newsan.2005.12.15.14.22.33.729000
@nntp-server.meatplow.local:

> Why do little white pellets constantly clog the aereator on my kitchen
> sink? Doesn't happen to my neighbor so it's not the water supply which
> makes me think it comes from my hot water heater.

I'm not that kind of plumber. I can tell you how to connect the chemical
feed to your chill water send and return lines, though.

--
I'm just a goddamned piece of paper.

http://beosnews.com/
http://www.bedoper.com
http://www.cafepress.com/angeldevil

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Trax spewed forth:
> Richard Nolle <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Hot water heater? If it's hot, why does it need heated?

>>> When did you last drain your water heater?

> I used to do that, I'd read it was important to drain the hot water
> tank to remove the calcium build up, be more efficient, and last
> longer.
>
> So once a year I'd hook up a garden hose to the drain and flush the
> tank. The third year the drain valve wouldn't shut properly, and
> started leaking, I had to replace the water heater because of it :}

My valve leaked too. So I unscrewed the valve and put a cap on it. No more
leak. Still using that 25 year old water heater.

Trax

"Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>In news:(E-Mail Removed),
|>Trax spewed forth:

|>> I used to do that, I'd read it was important to drain the hot water
|>> tank to remove the calcium build up, be more efficient, and last
|>> longer.
|>>
|>> So once a year I'd hook up a garden hose to the drain and flush the
|>> tank. The third year the drain valve wouldn't shut properly, and
|>> started leaking, I had to replace the water heater because of it :}

|>My valve leaked too. So I unscrewed the valve and put a cap on it. No more
|>leak. Still using that 25 year old water heater.

DId that, block'd the end of a water bed filler and screw'd it on
- real proud of myself too - but it was plastic back to the valve and
it had cracked, I guess from trying to tighten it.

As a side note - the tank was in a wide closet, instead of insulating
it for conversation, I built a false wall to enclose it..

I've since sold the house and still wonder if the new owners have
found the water heater

--
It's not hard to meet expenses, they are everywhere.

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Trax spewed forth:
> "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
>>> Trax spewed forth:

>>> My valve leaked too. So I unscrewed the valve and put a cap on it.
>>> No more leak. Still using that 25 year old water heater.

> DId that, block'd the end of a water bed filler and screw'd it on
> - real proud of myself too - but it was plastic back to the valve and
> it had cracked, I guess from trying to tighten it.

Yeah - I have plastic pipes in this old trailer. They are wearing out fast.
I get a new leak every few months now. Always in the hot water, since it
affects the pipes more than cold.

> As a side note - the tank was in a wide closet, instead of insulating
> it for conversation, I built a false wall to enclose it..
>
> I've since sold the house and still wonder if the new owners have
> found the water heater

Heh heh - love it! My water heater is only accessible from outside by
pulling a panel off the side of the trailer. I want to rework the inside so
I can get into it from there, and seal off that outside.

This old place needs a good $6,000 to $7,000 renovation before I can sell,
it but I owe the bank more than what I could sell it for after repairs.
Life's a b****. I think I'll move back home with Mom and rent this to some
"migrant workers" (if you get my meaning).

Auk-Tard

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 08:34:59 -0700, Richard Nolle wrote:

> Auk-Tard wrote:
>
>> Why do little white pellets constantly clog the aereator on my kitchen
>> sink? Doesn't happen to my neighbor so it's not the water supply which
>> makes me think it comes from my hot water heater.

> Hot water heater? If it's hot, why does it need heated?

Sounds better than cold water heater I guess

> When did you last drain your water heater?

You may have a point there.

> --
> Richard
>
> http://www.astropro.com/
> phone/fax = 480-753-6261
>
> "Astrology is about time . . . what else is there?"

Auk-Tard

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:31:47 +0000, A Shropshire Lad wrote:

> Pellets from your water softener.

No softerner

> "West Stand Bowler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:dns4jg$mup$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Auk-Tard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Why do little white pellets constantly clog the aereator on my kitchen
>>> sink? Doesn't happen to my neighbor so it's not the water supply which
>>> makes me think it comes from my hot water heater.

>> Limescale ?
>>
>> --
>> WSB

The Daring Dufas

Auk-Tard wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:31:47 +0000, A Shropshire Lad wrote:
>
>> Pellets from your water softener.

> No softerner
>>

>> "West Stand Bowler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:dns4jg$mup$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> "Auk-Tard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> Limescale ?
>>>
>>> --
>>> WSB

I don't why this is posted in alt.hackers.malicious but it still strikes
me as funny. Try installing one or more Y-strainers on your water
system. Install one on the incomming water line and another on
the outlet of your water heater. Use one made of plastic if your
pipes are plastic or one made of brass or bronze if your pipes
are copper. Don't mix iron and copper/brass/bronze unless you
use dielectric fittings. If you use the dielectric fittings or a plastic
strainer with metal pipes you'll have jump it with a bonding
ground/earth wire and clamps. This is because the cold water
pipe comming into a building is often used as a primary or
secondary ground/earth for the building's electrical system.
Y-strainers are inexpensive and can be found at any plumbing
supply house. Here a link to show you what the parts look
like. Note, the picture on this site shows the strainer
upside down. Folks who produce web pages don't always
know what parts are. I see a lot of upside down, backwards
or mirror image pictures. 8~)

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/345-3959

The Daring Dufas (strained troll)

A Shropshire Lad