Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > compacting folders in OE

compacting folders in OE

Paul Burdett

Hi,
After quitting OE6 every so often my folders get compacted automatically. I
cannot seem to find a setting in OE that tells me how often this is done. I
don't mind this happening, it's just that I'd like to perhaps alter this
setting if possible.
Cheers,
Paul

Paul Burdett

"Paul Burdett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:43a16010$0$9291$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Hi,
> After quitting OE6 every so often my folders get compacted automatically.
> I cannot seem to find a setting in OE that tells me how often this is
> done. I don't mind this happening, it's just that I'd like to perhaps
> alter this setting if possible.
> Cheers,
> Paul

edit: Just found out that it does it automatically after 100 uses (after
installing SP2), and it's not advisable to meddle with it (not that I'd know
how to anyway!)

old jon

"Paul Burdett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:43a16010$0$9291$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Hi,
> After quitting OE6 every so often my folders get compacted automatically.
> I cannot seem to find a setting in OE that tells me how often this is
> done. I don't mind this happening, it's just that I'd like to perhaps
> alter this setting if possible.
> Cheers,
> Paul

Hi Paul. If you keep all your msgs, you`ll find the file size can Grow into
Megabytes. Decide if you want to keep them, or zap them. occassionally.
Search for .dbx files and see what you`ve got.
bw..OJ

Shepİ

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 22:22:47 +1000 If you fall from a tree,leave your
anger on the branch and then "Paul Burdett"
<(E-Mail Removed)> sent this :

>Hi,
>After quitting OE6 every so often my folders get compacted automatically. I
>cannot seem to find a setting in OE that tells me how often this is done. I
>don't mind this happening, it's just that I'd like to perhaps alter this
>setting if possible.
>Cheers,
>Paul

There's a setting somewhere in OE for how much disk space to reserve
for messages(Maybe under the News Reader section).That's what defines
when.Haven't used OE in years so can't remember whereabouts.
HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...m?bandID=88558

Compacting Mail Folders.. and3w Computer Support 12 11-01-2006 06:18 PM
Compacting Outlook Express Paul IOW Computer Support 7 08-19-2005 04:37 PM
compacting error Dennis Firefox 4 04-28-2005 01:35 AM
Wise compacting help needed Yamamoto Computer Support 6 09-24-2004 05:27 PM
Compacting an MSAccess Database with ADO.NET code (C#) Timothy ASP .Net 1 01-02-2004 01:42 PM

Advertisments