Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > MCSE.... worth?

MCSE.... worth?

Kevin

Is MCSE really tat good? I plan 2 take but i scare after
i invest so much n get nothing back.... any opinion?

Andy Foster

"Kevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:00ef01c3679b$4f67a450$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is MCSE really tat good? I plan 2 take but i scare after
> i invest so much n get nothing back.... any opinion?

If you have relevant commercial experience, the MCSE can help your career.
Otherwise, it's worth slightly less than Enron shares.

HTH

Andy

Lady

MCSE is a requirement for my job. So, while it may not necessarily get you a
position, the lack of it may very well prevent you from getting the job you
want.

"Kevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:00ef01c3679b$4f67a450$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is MCSE really tat good? I plan 2 take but i scare after
> i invest so much n get nothing back.... any opinion?

S. O'Brien

yes... everyone knows that you need MCSE to get that entry level phone tech
position... sad but true

"Lady" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> MCSE is a requirement for my job. So, while it may not necessarily get you

> position, the lack of it may very well prevent you from getting the job

you
> want.
>
> "Kevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:00ef01c3679b$4f67a450$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Is MCSE really tat good? I plan 2 take but i scare after
> > i invest so much n get nothing back.... any opinion?

Consultant

hey lady sue

"S. O'Brien" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bi3dc3$t5v$(E-Mail Removed)...
> yes... everyone knows that you need MCSE to get that entry level phone

tech
> position... sad but true
>
> "Lady" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > MCSE is a requirement for my job. So, while it may not necessarily get

you
> > position, the lack of it may very well prevent you from getting the job

> you
> > want.
> >
> > "Kevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:00ef01c3679b$4f67a450$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Is MCSE really tat good? I plan 2 take but i scare after
> > > i invest so much n get nothing back.... any opinion?

S. O'Brien

hiya pest... I see you're still the dog around here... lol been watchin...
just dont have much to add these days... you know why... but things are
changin... got new textbook for 2k3 and may actually study it eventually
lol. well I got partway thru it. Did you get a copy of Laura's book? When
you gonna send it to me???? hehehe

yeah I'm broke still lol... I should get a job huh? HA!! I got offered a
job the other day and I almost ****ed myself laughing at them... they
offered me $7/hr (Cdn) to do Customer Support... not even Tech... I told
them I think my resume went to the wrong dept!!! lol... Scary huh?

--
Sue MCNGP # 69 <--- only the best for me

http://www.mcngp.tk
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hey lady sue
>
> "S. O'Brien" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bi3dc3$t5v$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > yes... everyone knows that you need MCSE to get that entry level phone

> tech
> > position... sad but true
> >
> > "Lady" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > MCSE is a requirement for my job. So, while it may not necessarily get

> you
> > > position, the lack of it may very well prevent you from getting the

job
> > you
> > > want.
> > >
> > > "Kevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:00ef01c3679b$4f67a450$(E-Mail Removed)...

Consultant

still here. reading lots on 2k3, looks sweet. got a 2k3 box at home too,
lots of fun. looks like i have another imposter who is posting as me and
posting as my nemesis trying to turn me in, yeah whatever, lol

"S. O'Brien" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bi3fj2$mj$(E-Mail Removed)...
> hiya pest... I see you're still the dog around here... lol been watchin...
> just dont have much to add these days... you know why... but things are
> changin... got new textbook for 2k3 and may actually study it eventually
> lol. well I got partway thru it. Did you get a copy of Laura's book?

When
> you gonna send it to me???? hehehe
>
> yeah I'm broke still lol... I should get a job huh? HA!! I got offered a
> job the other day and I almost ****ed myself laughing at them... they
> offered me $7/hr (Cdn) to do Customer Support... not even Tech... I told
> them I think my resume went to the wrong dept!!! lol... Scary huh?
>
> --
> Sue MCNGP # 69 <--- only the best for me
>
> http://www.mcngp.tk
> The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > hey lady sue
> >
> > "S. O'Brien" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:bi3dc3$t5v$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > yes... everyone knows that you need MCSE to get that entry level phone

> > tech
> > > position... sad but true
> > >
> > > "Lady" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

get
> > you

> job
> > > you

S. O'Brien

Well we havent heard from Steve-o in a long time... and who was the guy
impersonating me? Mikey somebody? lol well I suppose some kids must
play.... "The truth is out there" lol!!!!!!!

--
Sue MCNGP # 69

http://www.mcngp.tk
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> still here. reading lots on 2k3, looks sweet. got a 2k3 box at home too,
> lots of fun. looks like i have another imposter who is posting as me and
> posting as my nemesis trying to turn me in, yeah whatever, lol
>

> "S. O'Brien" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bi3fj2$mj$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > hiya pest... I see you're still the dog around here... lol been

watchin...
> > just dont have much to add these days... you know why... but things are
> > changin... got new textbook for 2k3 and may actually study it eventually
> > lol. well I got partway thru it. Did you get a copy of Laura's book?

> When
> > you gonna send it to me???? hehehe
> >
> > yeah I'm broke still lol... I should get a job huh? HA!! I got offered

> > job the other day and I almost ****ed myself laughing at them... they
> > offered me $7/hr (Cdn) to do Customer Support... not even Tech... I told
> > them I think my resume went to the wrong dept!!! lol... Scary huh?
> >
> > --
> > Sue MCNGP # 69 <--- only the best for me
> >
> > http://www.mcngp.tk
> > The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
> >
> > "Consultant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > hey lady sue
> > >
> > > "S. O'Brien" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:bi3dc3$t5v$(E-Mail Removed)...

phone
> > > tech

> get
> > > you

the
> > job

Herb Martin

Also tell him that it's worth what he makes of it.

Just using it to force myself to learn parts of the products
that I would not have learned (or learned much later) has
paid me back for every bit of effort and money.

If he means "money" then many companies will give him
a 'boost' on his annual performance review (if he reminds
them and sells it). Typical is as much as 1/2 to a full point
on most 5 point enterprise review systems.

A boost in pay at hiring is possible too -- HR departments
have a table of pay ranges for each job, based on things
like "industry experience", education, certifications, etc.

The hiring manager can seldom vary your initial offer outside
this range so if HR ups the range by 1-10K for an MCSE
you stand to benefit.

Also note on Performance Reviews -- your boss might really
love your work and just need something to prove to other managers
that YOU get the higher rating/raise, as many companies force
managers to negotiate with other managers for such things.

In other words, if you are doing a louse job it wouldn't help but
if you are performing well it gives both you AND your manager
more ammunition.

--
Herb Martin

"Lady" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> MCSE is a requirement for my job. So, while it may not necessarily get you

> position, the lack of it may very well prevent you from getting the job

you
> want.
>
> "Kevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:00ef01c3679b$4f67a450$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Is MCSE really tat good? I plan 2 take but i scare after
> > i invest so much n get nothing back.... any opinion?

Lady

I TOTALLY agree with you. My initial salary was set based on my degree and
certifications. But my later raises were a combination of additional certs
and performance.

news:aDK3b.957$(E-Mail Removed)...