Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Internet Explorer 6 and WinMe

Re: Internet Explorer 6 and WinMe

Vic

This worked like a charm
Thank you for your help.
Vic
news:dn2fua$qsp$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Vic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:dY2lf.36268$(E-Mail Removed) om...
> >I am working on a system that has Windows Me on it. It was infected with
> > some spyware and seemed to be running weird. It would get on the

Internet
> > with IE6 but had a lot of pop-ups. After I removed all of the spyware
> > using
> > Ad-Aware SE and Spybot Search & Destroy my performance came up but I was
> > not
> > able to access anything accross the network. I am assuming that

something
> > like newdotnet had infected the system and when spybot or adaware

removed
> > it
> > the is what casued the network connection to drop out. I used LSPfix and
> > compared it to another WinMe system that was working fine and they were
> > identical. So instead of fighting with it until the end of time I ran

the
> > Windows Setup over the top of itself assuming that it would put what

ever
> > file had been corrupted or deleted back in place. Well the good news is
> > that
> > setup fixed most of my problems. I now have access again to the network
> > and
> > Internet but Internet Explorer 5.5 is what comes with WinMe and ever

time

http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/ReInIE.htm

--
Victor Langrehr