Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Is this possible ?

Is this possible ?

J C Ames

I want to make an image of my main hdd C: only & put that image on a
seperate hdd so in case of a blow out I can : transfer the saved image
& be on my way.If this can be done please tell me what I will need to
do.
Thanks

clot

J C Ames wrote:
> I want to make an image of my main hdd C: only & put that image on a
> seperate hdd so in case of a blow out I can : transfer the saved image
> & be on my way.If this can be done please tell me what I will need to
> do.
> Thanks

Google for Norton Ghost or Acronis True Image. These will do what you
want.

old jon

"J C Ames" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I want to make an image of my main hdd C: only & put that image on a
> seperate hdd so in case of a blow out I can : transfer the saved image
> & be on my way.If this can be done please tell me what I will need to
> do.
> Thanks

Yes it is possible. You plug your second drive into your system as a Slave
device. (making sure the existing one is Master). You can then use imaging
software, to create an exact copy of your existng drive.
Software ?. You`ve got a choice. Some are XXcopy, XXclone, Ghost and Acronis
True image. There are of course others. Hope this helps.
best wishes..OJ