Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Bad BIOS Checksum

Bad BIOS Checksum

Jayne Garland

Hi Guys,
I am getting Bad Bios Checksum on Startup. It then goes into recovery but
just checks the CD-rom and floppy drives( I havn't got a floppy drive by the
way). It then just repeats this message on the screen repeatedly until I
turn the machine off. I am using Windows XP, machine is a Targa NV2600+
running an ASUS K8V-MX mainboard.
This is getting more and more frequent.
I am a bit dubious about changing any settingsin the BIOS.
Any ideas anyone?
Thanks in advance

Dave

Kenny

Change the m/b battery.

--
Kenny Cargill

"Jayne Garland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:GNSmf.26046$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Guys,
> I am getting Bad Bios Checksum on Startup. It then goes into recovery but
> just checks the CD-rom and floppy drives( I havn't got a floppy drive by
> the way). It then just repeats this message on the screen repeatedly until
> I turn the machine off. I am using Windows XP, machine is a Targa NV2600+
> running an ASUS K8V-MX mainboard.
> This is getting more and more frequent.
> I am a bit dubious about changing any settingsin the BIOS.
> Any ideas anyone?
> Thanks in advance
>
> Dave

Ben Myers

Start the computer, go into the BIOS setup, then exit. Be sure to select
"Yes" when asked about saving the settings.

Ben

"Jayne Garland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:GNSmf.26046$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Guys,
> I am getting Bad Bios Checksum on Startup. It then goes into recovery but
> just checks the CD-rom and floppy drives( I havn't got a floppy drive by the
> way). It then just repeats this message on the screen repeatedly until I
> turn the machine off. I am using Windows XP, machine is a Targa NV2600+
> running an ASUS K8V-MX mainboard.
> This is getting more and more frequent.
> I am a bit dubious about changing any settingsin the BIOS.
> Any ideas anyone?
> Thanks in advance
>
> Dave

Jayne Garland

Thanks Ben, will give it a go. So far so good.

Dave

news:3r_mf.2524$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...