Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Does this header tell me the entry point?

Re: Does this header tell me the entry point?

Koola Kube

"hexst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This person also uses the
> moniker Mrs.Smicker-Abacha, and very recently at that.

What are you on, and can I have some?

Mrs.Smicker-Abacha has only ever posted from a Newsguy account.
Remember Obiwan?

Martin Davies

Dave the exTrailer wrote:
> On 13 Dec 2005 12:53:44 -0800, Mrs.Smicker-Abacha
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> This is another one of your great posts that will help your
>> grandchildren to get to know what a sorry piece of **** you really
>> are.
>>> Peter Turtill
>>>

>> I think what is needed is a domain name and off-shore hosting so
>> that all your posts can be read for generations of Turtills to come,
>> I wonder if some kind soul will help you out and start setting it
>> up. It could be archived forever and you know those "merkins" you
>> are always slagging off, well they are very friendly and if they
>> hear of a website that has been taken down, well wouldn't you know
>> it, they mirror it 3 times for each time a site goes awol, I also
>> think you may deserve your very own newsgroup, I am surprised you
>> don't already have one, at least there is a PETER TURTILL FAQ
>> already made for it, will you be setting it up soon, peter dear.

> Is there any real point in this childishness?.
> You throw a stone, they throw a stone etc etc etc.
>
> Its Christmas, how about everyone lays off and see if peace will break
> out?

More chance of peace in both Palestine and Iraq together than peace on here.

Martin <><
--
http://www.cashisallyouneed.co.uk/

hexst

"Koola Kube" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "hexst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> This person also uses the
>> moniker Mrs.Smicker-Abacha, and very recently at that.

> What are you on, and can I have some?
>
> Mrs.Smicker-Abacha has only ever posted from a Newsguy account.
> Remember Obiwan?

Correct.

And ANYONE can subscribe to a Newsguy account.

But it's the other information in the headers in SOME of the posts that
allows this to be narrowed down to a specific ISP and a location.

Note that I said 'sometimes the relevant information has been stripped by
the newserver carrier or news client software, so it is unclear if this
person is sending the current version of the FAQ everytime, or is
responsible for all or the most recent instances of them.' It cannot be
said that every instance of Mrs.Smicker-Abacha is the same person or that
the posts are being sent from the same location.

I also pointed out the FAQ has appeared in different versions/revisions
and it is without question that the same IP address was used to post
several instances of this within a short space of time and that same IP
address also used Mrs.Smicker-Abacha in the 'Author' field on other posts.

The information I gave fitted in with the information Turtill already has.
That it made sense to him suggests that it is correct or at least
substantiates what he already knows.

Hexstatic

turtill@hotmail.com

On 14 Dec 2005 19:39:34 -0000, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)er
(hexst) wrote:

>"Koola Kube" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "hexst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> This person also uses the
>>> moniker Mrs.Smicker-Abacha, and very recently at that.

>> What are you on, and can I have some?
>>
>> Mrs.Smicker-Abacha has only ever posted from a Newsguy account.
>> Remember Obiwan?
>>

>Correct.
>
>And ANYONE can subscribe to a Newsguy account.
>
>But it's the other information in the headers in SOME of the posts that
>allows this to be narrowed down to a specific ISP and a location.
>
>Note that I said 'sometimes the relevant information has been stripped by
>the newserver carrier or news client software, so it is unclear if this
>person is sending the current version of the FAQ everytime, or is
>responsible for all or the most recent instances of them.' It cannot be
>said that every instance of Mrs.Smicker-Abacha is the same person or that
>the posts are being sent from the same location.
>
>I also pointed out the FAQ has appeared in different versions/revisions
>and it is without question that the same IP address was used to post
>several instances of this within a short space of time and that same IP
>address also used Mrs.Smicker-Abacha in the 'Author' field on other posts.
>
>The information I gave fitted in with the information Turtill already has.
>That it made sense to him suggests that it is correct or at least
>substantiates what he already knows.
>

>Hexstatic

I am very grateful to you for your help and expertise. I was going to
leave the subject now I realise what is happening but to you I will
always owe an answer. The link to Wigan confirmed their were two
posters and that was where I was totally flumoxed. I now realise that
after having my own name and address used by one of these posters they
obviously could also use each name whenever they wanted, hence the
different style of posting sometimes noticed by others more astute
than me. The clincher was the bit that showed a VoIP connection. I
didn't know what it was and only learned that from a private e-mail
which also identified the ISP. I am content that I know just what has
been happening now thanks to the expertise of others on usenet and
this little escapade has taught me a valuable lesson. I will never be
confrontational on usenet again nor will I reply to confrontational
posters.
pete

--
Due to privacy considerations, I will not respond to mail from gmail.com.
For more information, please visit www.google-watch.org/gmail.html

Koola Kube

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I will never be confrontational on usenet again nor will I reply to

confrontational posters.

Until you find a way of posting anonymously, of course.

Derek Hornby

Peter Turtill wrote:

> > > I will never be confrontational on usenet again nor will I reply to

> confrontational posters.
>
> Until you find a way of posting anonymously, of course.

What is the proof he doesn't do that now anyway!

The big mistake Peter Turtill made was to think that he can say and do
whatever, no matter what, and everyone (his target victims)
must just sit back and take it.

Derek

Mrs.Smicker-Abacha

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Dave the exTrailer
says...

>On 13 Dec 2005 12:53:44 -0800, Mrs.Smicker-Abacha
>&lt;(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>This is another one of your great posts that will help your grandchildren to get
>>to know what a sorry piece of **** you really are.
>>>Peter Turtill
>>>

>>I think what is needed is a domain name and off-shore hosting so that all your
>>posts can be read for generations of Turtills to come, I wonder if some kind
>>soul will help you out and start setting it up. It could be archived forever and
>>you know those "merkins" you are always slagging off, well they are very
>>friendly and if they hear of a website that has been taken down, well wouldn't
>>you know it, they mirror it 3 times for each time a site goes awol, I also think
>>you may deserve your very own newsgroup, I am surprised you don't already have
>>one, at least there is a PETER TURTILL FAQ already made for it, will you be
>>setting it up soon, peter dear.

>Is there any real point in this childishness?.
>You throw a stone, they throw a stone etc etc etc.

You misunderstand the problem, turtill throws the stones, stones are then
returned.

>Its Christmas, how about everyone lays off and see if peace will break out?

Peace may break out if turtill lays off, but not until then.

--
Mrs.Smicker-Abacha

Mrs.Smicker-Abacha

says...

>On 14 Dec 2005 19:39:34 -0000, (E-Mail Removed)er
>(hexst) wrote:
>
>>"Koola Kube" &lt;(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> "hexst" &lt;(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> What are you on, and can I have some?
>>>
>>> Mrs.Smicker-Abacha has only ever posted from a Newsguy account.
>>> Remember Obiwan?
>>>

>>Correct.
>>
>>And ANYONE can subscribe to a Newsguy account.
>>
>>But it's the other information in the headers in SOME of the posts that
>>allows this to be narrowed down to a specific ISP and a location.
>>
>>Note that I said 'sometimes the relevant information has been stripped by
>>the newserver carrier or news client software, so it is unclear if this
>>person is sending the current version of the FAQ everytime, or is
>>responsible for all or the most recent instances of them.' It cannot be
>>said that every instance of Mrs.Smicker-Abacha is the same person or that
>>the posts are being sent from the same location.
>>
>>I also pointed out the FAQ has appeared in different versions/revisions
>>and it is without question that the same IP address was used to post
>>several instances of this within a short space of time and that same IP
>>address also used Mrs.Smicker-Abacha in the 'Author' field on other posts.
>>
>>The information I gave fitted in with the information Turtill already has.
>>That it made sense to him suggests that it is correct or at least
>>substantiates what he already knows.
>>

>>Hexstatic

>I am very grateful to you for your help and expertise.

LOL.

>I was going to leave the subject now I realise what is happening but to you I
>will
>always owe an answer.

Sounds like love to me.

>The link to Wigan confirmed their were two posters and that was where I was
>totally
>flumoxed.

LOL. Confirmed by your remailer friend. LOL

>I now realise that after having my own name and address used by one of
>these posters they obviously could also use each name whenever they wanted,
>hence
>the different style of posting sometimes noticed by others more astute than me.

A stuffed toy is more astute.

>The clincher was the bit that showed a VoIP connection. I
>didn't know what it was and only learned that from a private e-mail
>which also identified the ISP. I am content that I know just what has
>been happening now thanks to the expertise of others on usenet and
>this little escapade has taught me a valuable lesson. I will never be
>confrontational on usenet again nor will I reply to confrontational
>posters.
>pete

LOL. I wonder how many times your words will be quoted back at you, you remind
me of Toad of Toad Hall.

--
Mrs.Smicker-Abacha