Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Uninvited web pages

Uninvited web pages

Michael Plog

I keep getting a lot of small web pages from caslemedia or something and
'media.fastclick.net' asking my vote on issues or trying to sell me
something. I have pop-ups blocked, but still get these annoying (perhaps
harmful?) windows showing up. How can I get rid of them?

Thanks in advance for helping.

On Mar 5, 3:50 am, "Michael Plog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I keep getting a lot of small web pages from caslemedia or something and
> 'media.fastclick.net' asking my vote on issues or trying to sell me
> something. I have pop-ups blocked, but still get these annoying (perhaps
> harmful?) windows showing up. How can I get rid of them?
>
> Thanks in advance for helping.

in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:

privacy.popups.disable_from_plugins

when found, double click on it and change it to the number 2.

If that doesn't work, then add the following lines to your HOSTS file:

127.0.0.1 casalemedia.com
127.0.0.1 media.fastclick.net

me@my.com

On 5 Mar 2007 04:19:24 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
wrote:

>On Mar 5, 3:50 am, "Michael Plog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I keep getting a lot of small web pages from caslemedia or something and
>> 'media.fastclick.net' asking my vote on issues or trying to sell me
>> something. I have pop-ups blocked, but still get these annoying (perhaps
>> harmful?) windows showing up. How can I get rid of them?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for helping.

>in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:
>
>privacy.popups.disable_from_plugins
>
>when found, double click on it and change it to the number 2.
>
>If that doesn't work, then add the following lines to your HOSTS file:
>
>127.0.0.1 casalemedia.com
>127.0.0.1 media.fastclick.net

If you use more than one browser, use this hosts file entry either
way. They will be blocked on ALL browsers. Both of these are
spammers from hell and they will do their best to defeat all blocking
and flood you with spyware. It's too bad we cant destroy their
computers from our own keyboards....