Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Third-party charting: bubble & radar?

Third-party charting: bubble & radar?

JDC

Hi all,

There are quite a few really nice-looking charting libraries out there
for ASP.NET, but I need to create some less common chart types,
specifically the "bubble" and "radar" charts that Excel offers.

Can anyone recommend a library for this?

Thanks in advance,

JDC

=?Utf-8?B?QWRsYWkgTWFzY2hpYWNo?=

Hi

I highly recommend the dundas charts ,
why ? because MS use them as part of the reporting services
so you know that this chart can be used "also"
as part of a reporting services report

the two are
http://www.dundas.com/Gallery/Chart/...up=BubblePoint
http://www.dundas.com/Gallery/Chart/...Group=Circular
http://www.dundas.com/Gallery/Chart/...px?ImgGroup=55

I have used reporting services for years
and the current intergartion into Sharepoint 2007 is just great
not to mention that the controls them selves are easy to configure

Adlai

אם תשובה זו עזרה לך, א*א הצבע "כן"

If my answer helped you please press "Yes" bellow

Adlai Maschiach
http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/adlaim/

"JDC" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> There are quite a few really nice-looking charting libraries out there
> for ASP.NET, but I need to create some less common chart types,
> specifically the "bubble" and "radar" charts that Excel offers.
>
> Can anyone recommend a library for this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> JDC

Kevin

On Mar 5, 12:41 pm, "JDC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> There are quite a few really nice-looking charting libraries out there
> for ASP.NET, but I need to create some less common chart types,
> specifically the "bubble" and "radar" charts that Excel offers.
>
> Can anyone recommend a library for this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> JDC

For Bubble I'm using telerik's chart:
http://www.telerik.com/demos/aspnet/...DefaultCS.aspx

But I'm not sure if they offer "Radar" functionality. This chart
product is not as advanced and feature-full like Dundas, but is much
cheaper.

JDC

On Mar 5, 11:09 am, Adlai Maschiach
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I highly recommend the dundas charts ,
> why ? because MS use them as part of the reporting services
> so you know that this chart can be used "also"
> as part of a reporting services report
>
> the two arehttp://www.dundas.com/Gallery/Chart/NET/index.aspx?ImgGroup=BubblePointhttp://www.dundas.com/Gallery/Chart/NET/index.aspx?ImgGroup=Circularhttp://www.dundas.com/Gallery/Chart/NET/index.aspx?ImgGroup=55
>
> I have used reporting services for years
> and the current intergartion into Sharepoint 2007 is just great
> not to mention that the controls them selves are easy to configure
>
> Adlai

> אם תשובה זו עזרה לך, א*א הצבע "כן"
>
> If my answer helped you please press "Yes" bellow
>
> Adlai Maschiachhttp://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/adlaim/
>
> "JDC" wrote:
> > Hi all,

> > There are quite a few really nice-looking charting libraries out there
> > for ASP.NET, but I need to create some less common chart types,
> > specifically the "bubble" and "radar" charts that Excel offers.

> > Can anyone recommend a library for this?

> > Thanks in advance,

> > JDC

Thanks Adlai and Kevin for the suggestions! The Dundas charts look
really nice, and fortunately both companies have trial versions.

Cheers, JDC