Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Newsgroup Support for OpenOffice

Newsgroup Support for OpenOffice

gm

Are there any active groups for OpenOffice support. I have tried
gmane.comp.openoffice.questions, but the group looks inactive. Of
course, it's quite possible that OO is so easy to use that nobody needs
help :->

My problem is that when I type in Writer, it automatically underlines
emails and web addresses. Is there a way to remove underlining? I'd like
to leave the colour change though.

Thanks in advance for the help.

gm

DC

Loads of help, here: http://support.openoffice.org/index.html

--
DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

Viruses, Instability, Spyware, Trojans, Adware -- Pre-order today!
-= http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/default.mspx =-

Frank DeLucca, MS-MPV

gm wrote:
> Are there any active groups for OpenOffice support. I have tried
> gmane.comp.openoffice.questions, but the group looks inactive. Of
> course, it's quite possible that OO is so easy to use that nobody
> needs help :->
>
> My problem is that when I type in Writer, it automatically underlines
> emails and web addresses. Is there a way to remove underlining? I'd
> like to leave the colour change though.
>
> Thanks in advance for the help.
>
> gm

We highly recommend that you use our own fine Office. It has many features
tnat are not supported by Open Office. You'll also need to install our
Service Pak 2, if you haven't done so already.
--
- Frank DeLucca -

MS-MPV
Microsoft Corparation

SgtMinor

gm wrote:
> Are there any active groups for OpenOffice support. I have tried
> gmane.comp.openoffice.questions, but the group looks inactive. Of
> course, it's quite possible that OO is so easy to use that nobody needs
> help :->
>
> My problem is that when I type in Writer, it automatically underlines
> emails and web addresses. Is there a way to remove underlining? I'd like
> to leave the colour change though.
>
> Thanks in advance for the help.
>
> gm

To change the underline, right click anywhere on the URL, and from the
dialog box that pops up select Style and remove the tick from the
Underline option.

You can make more changes by clicking on the URL and pressing the F11
key to bring up the Styles and Formatting dialog box (also accessible
from the Format menu).

gm

SgtMinor wrote:

> To change the underline, right click anywhere on the URL, and from the
> dialog box that pops up select Style and remove the tick from the
> Underline option.
>
> You can make more changes by clicking on the URL and pressing the F11
> key to bring up the Styles and Formatting dialog box (also accessible
> from the Format menu).

It work for me. Found there other nice features as well.
Thanks a lot for the help.

gm

Blinky the Shark

Book End wrote:

> "Frank DeLucca, MS-MPV" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> gm wrote:
>>> Are there any active groups for OpenOffice support. I have
>>> tried gmane.comp.openoffice.questions, but the group looks
>>> inactive. Of course, it's quite possible that OO is so easy to
>>> use that nobody needs help :->
>>>
>>> My problem is that when I type in Writer, it automatically
>>> underlines emails and web addresses. Is there a way to remove
>>> underlining? I'd like to leave the colour change though.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for the help.
>>>
>>> gm

>> We highly recommend that you use our own fine Office. It has
>> many features tnat are not supported by Open Office. You'll
>> also need to install our Service Pak 2, if you haven't done so
>> already. --
>> - Frank DeLucca -
>>
>> MS-MPV
>> Microsoft Corparation
>>

> Do you claim to be a MS-MPV that doesn't know how to use a spell
> checker?

Do you claim to have reading comprehension skills, but lack the
ability to differentiate between "MPV" and "MVP"?

--
Blinky
Killing all Google Groups posts.

Blinky the Shark

Seatoller wrote:

> It was on Sat, 10 Dec 2005 08:14:47 +0000, that Blinky the Shark
> wrote:
>
>> Book End wrote:
>>
>>> "Frank DeLucca, MS-MPV" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Do you claim to be a MS-MPV that doesn't know how to use a
>>> spell checker?

>> Do you claim to have reading comprehension skills, but lack the
>> ability to differentiate between "MPV" and "MVP"?

> From the headers found in google-groups, I'd say it's a troll
> posting through: Mail-To-News-Contact: (E-Mail Removed)
>
> As for it's claims of "our own fine Office", you can buy the
> next Excel exploit on ebay...

That he's a mostly harmelss and humorous Windows-user-tweaking
poster is no secret to anyone who's been paying attention for the
last six months or a year.

--
Blinky
Killing all Google Groups posts.
http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

Gordon

Seatoller wrote:

> It was on Sat, 10 Dec 2005 14:12:08 +0000, that Gordon wrote:
>
>> Seatoller wrote:

>> Whooooosh!

> So, you didn't understand me.

No, you don't understand about Frank DeLucca!

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Ubuntu 5.10