Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > windows internet explorer 7.0 beta

windows internet explorer 7.0 beta

Andrew Mann

When is Windows Internet Explorer 7.0 beta going to me non beta? Windows
Internet Explorer will be compatible with Windows XP SP2 and Windows VISTA.

Andrew Mann

philo

On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 11:59:06 +0000, Andrew Mann wrote:

> When is Windows Internet Explorer 7.0 beta going to me non beta? Windows
> Internet Explorer will be compatible with Windows XP SP2 and Windows VISTA.
>
> Andrew Mann
> (E-Mail Removed)

it's been postponed until the year 2006

i'm sure microsoft won't release it until it's
been proven to be 100% secure <g>

"Andrew Mann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ekemf.1926$(E-Mail Removed)...
> When is Windows Internet Explorer 7.0 beta going to me non beta? Windows
> Internet Explorer will be compatible with Windows XP SP2 and Windows
> VISTA.

Sometime next year. So what is your *guess*? Googling will give you other
guesses, like which says, "When we feel that the product has effectively
incorporated the customer feedback we receive during the beta process, we
will release the final product" and "The software firm had set the release
of the final version of IE7 no later than the summer of 2006 and promised
that Vista would be finished in time for the 2006 holiday shopping season".
Did you actually have some reason to ask, like you are desparately awaiting
some new feature in IE7? What is it that you expect IE7 to do that IE6
doesn't do for you now? Are you a developer with an MSDN subscription
testing out the IE7 beta and want to get some idea of your development
timeline as to when you need to have your special dohickey add-on polished
when IE7 gets released?

IE7 stand-alone with have missing some features available in IE7 Vista
because the IE7 Vista will make use of security features present in Vista
that you won't get in the IE7 stand-alone version installed on earlier
versions of Windows. I go through so many magazines that I don't remember
which one had the review for IE7.

Go visit http://blogs.msdn.com/ie.

<Vanguard> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Oops, forgot to paste in the URL link.

"Googling will give you other guesses, like
http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/21...ce-slips-vista which
says, ..."

Toolman Tim

In news(E-Mail Removed),
philo spewed forth:
> On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 11:59:06 +0000, Andrew Mann wrote:
>
>> When is Windows Internet Explorer 7.0 beta going to me non beta?
>> Windows Internet Explorer will be compatible with Windows XP SP2 and
>> Windows VISTA.
>>
>> Andrew Mann
>> (E-Mail Removed)

> it's been postponed until the year 2006
>
> i'm sure microsoft won't release it until it's
> been proven to be 100% secure <g>

ROTFLMAO!!!

--
We put the "K" in "Kwality"!