Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > making it faster

making it faster

derek

I want to play far cry but my computer isnt fast enough apparently.How easy
is it to change the processor,do you need special tools?I have a soldering
iron and some screwdrivers and suchlike.

philo

derek wrote:
> I want to play far cry but my computer isnt fast enough apparently.How easy
> is it to change the processor,do you need special tools?I have a soldering
> iron and some screwdrivers and suchlike.

most cpu's are in sockets and are not soldered.
for the few machines that do have soldered-in cpu's
you'd never be able to use a soldering iron...
they are wave-soldered.

maybe all you need is more RAM

Mikey

derek wrote:

> I want to play far cry but my computer isnt fast enough apparently.How easy
> is it to change the processor,do you need special tools?I have a soldering
> iron and some screwdrivers and suchlike.

You need a crowbar (to get the old one out) and a hammer (to get the new one
in).