Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Problem with root directory in PC-WIN98

Problem with root directory in PC-WIN98

EduardoE

I have a very big problem. A crazy program deletes all files in the
root folder (C:\) and is for me imposible to restart the computer. I
recover some data, but is unsufficent.

I need if anyone can help me sending in a ZIP file a copy of the
following files:

msdos.sys
io.sys
videorom.bin
command.com

-and another base files-
and a operational autoexec.bat and a config.sys.

This computer runs Win98, 192 RAM, in Spanish.

Please, send this files in a ZIP file to e (dot) escarez (at) gmail
(dot) com.

Unk

On 8 Dec 2005 22:04:33 -0800, "EduardoE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a very big problem. A crazy program deletes all files in the
>root folder (C:\) and is for me imposible to restart the computer. I
>recover some data, but is unsufficent.
>
>I need if anyone can help me sending in a ZIP file a copy of the
>following files:
>
>msdos.sys
>io.sys
>videorom.bin
>command.com
>
>-and another base files-
>and a operational autoexec.bat and a config.sys.
>
>This computer runs Win98, 192 RAM, in Spanish.
>
>Please, send this files in a ZIP file to e (dot) escarez (at) gmail
>(dot) com.

Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, "Add/Remove Programs", click the tab, "Startup Disk",
click the "Create Disk" button.

Boot with the floppy in the drive and at the A:\ prompt type the following:

sys c:

Remove the floppy and boot normally.

Trax

"EduardoE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>I have a very big problem. A crazy program deletes all files in the
|>root folder (C:\) and is for me imposible to restart the computer. I
|>recover some data, but is unsufficent.
|>
|>I need if anyone can help me sending in a ZIP file a copy of the
|>following files:
|>
|>msdos.sys
|>io.sys
|>videorom.bin
|>command.com

I took a win98 bootdisk from Bootdisk.com and created a zip file for
you - without videorom.bin and it's in english
you can find the file here:
http://www.ihud.com/file.php?file=09...9178/Win98.zip

--
Nerd pr0n
http://hwpr0n.se/

Trax

Trax <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>I took a win98 bootdisk from Bootdisk.com and created a zip file for
|>you - without videorom.bin and it's in english
|>you can find the file here:
|>http://www.ihud.com/file.php?file=09...9178/Win98.zip

It's been awhile. You need to follow Unk's advice about sys a: c: to
replace io.sys; it's sits in a special spot on the disk and expected
to be found there, you can't just copy it.

--
Nerd pr0n
http://hwpr0n.se/