Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Auto update profile when sharing with users

Auto update profile when sharing with users

Bay

Hi, I have just installed the Windows XP Pro in my
laptop. My laptop will join the domain in office. I have
1 domain user account and 1 local user account setup for
the laptop. How can I use the same user profile for
these 2 accounts? I don't want to copy my profile from
the domain account to the local user account since the
bookmarks and stuff under "My Documents" change
frequently. I just want to able to update and use my
bookmarks no matter I login as a domain user or local
user. Is that possible?

Thanks for your help.

Billy
..

licknlabia

There is no reason for you to do this.

You can set XP, actually it does it by default where it will cache the
credentials of the last user that logged in successfully. By using the
Local Security MMC you can set it to remember the n number of logins as
well.

So you can login to the domain, go home and log back in with your domain
account as the user/pass will be remembered.

You should keep the second account in case for some reason you get locked
out.

- rg