Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > harddrive LED

harddrive LED

mrbeer-rootbeer@usa.net

I have a Western Digital 200GB-HD, working but without a "busy"-Light
due to problems with the (non-Wintel) motherboard.

Is there a simple way to attach an LED to the ATA cable, that lights
whenever the HD is being accessed? If so, which Pin?

kenny

Download this little application that will place a led indicator on your
tray

http://www.lonewolf.gr/software/default.asp

click the image do download

kenny www.computerboom.com

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I have a Western Digital 200GB-HD, working but without a "busy"-Light
> due to problems with the (non-Wintel) motherboard.
>
> Is there a simple way to attach an LED to the ATA cable, that lights
> whenever the HD is being accessed? If so, which Pin?

mrbeer-rootbeer@usa.net

Told it was non-Wintel. There's no tray on a Motif desktop, and no app
for it.

I need some hardware geekery...

Kenny

Very easy to put the 2 pin connector the wrong way round on the m/b header,
won't do any harm, just won't work. Check m/b manual for the location and
try reversing it.

--
Kenny Cargill

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Told it was non-Wintel. There's no tray on a Motif desktop, and no app
> for it.
>
> I need some hardware geekery...

mrbeer-rootbeer@usa.net

The actual controller connector won't do, there's a damage with it.

I'm looking for something like this:

http://wonkity.com/~wblock/a4000hard/st3144.html

But for WDC200

Ghostrider

> The actual controller connector won't do, there's a damage with it.
>
> I'm looking for something like this:
>
> http://wonkity.com/~wblock/a4000hard/st3144.html
>
> But for WDC200

Not sure whether these WD hard drives have a LED connector
on the front. Take a look for a 2-pin header.

scoobyturbowrx

<(E-Mail Removed)>
???????:(E-Mail Removed) egroups.com...
> I have a Western Digital 200GB-HD, working but without a "busy"-Light
> due to problems with the (non-Wintel) motherboard.
>
> Is there a simple way to attach an LED to the ATA cable, that lights
> whenever the HD is being accessed? If so, which Pin?

carbonconceptsusa.com

<(E-Mail Removed)>
???????:(E-Mail Removed) egroups.com...
> I have a Western Digital 200GB-HD, working but without a "busy"-Light
> due to problems with the (non-Wintel) motherboard.
>
> Is there a simple way to attach an LED to the ATA cable, that lights
> whenever the HD is being accessed? If so, which Pin?

DC

scoobyturbowrx wrote:

><(E-Mail Removed)>
> ???????:(E-Mail Removed) egroups.com...
>> I have a Western Digital 200GB-HD, working but without a "busy"-Light
>> due to problems with the (non-Wintel) motherboard.

>> Is there a simple way to attach an LED to the ATA cable, that lights
>> whenever the HD is being accessed? If so, which Pin?

*sigh*

One more for the list. }:O\
[*]
Score:: =-9999
From: carbonconceptsusa
From: scoobyturbowrx

--
DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

Viruses, Instability, Spyware, Trojans, Adware -- Pre-order today!
-= http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/default.mspx =-

Whiskers

On 2005-12-12, DC <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> scoobyturbowrx wrote:

snip

> *sigh*
>
> One more for the list. }:O\
>
>[*]
> Score:: =-9999
> From: carbonconceptsusa
> From: scoobyturbowrx

I block on Path, in Leafnode. Catches morphs. Take care not to use that
for servers with significant legitimate traffic though )

^Path:.*[!]133.256.1.103.MISMATCH!not-for-mail$
^Path:.*[!]218.102.48.125.MISMATCH!127.0.0.1!not-for-mail$

The first line is related to Altopia, the second to Netvigator in Hong
Kong, as posting servers. This is 'expensive' filtering, and could easily
catch innocent victims as well as trolls, so it isn't something I like
doing. As soon as my logs show that those filters are no longer busy, I
shall rescind them. Probably.

--
-- Whiskers

Re: harddrive LED fdg Computer Support 0 12-12-2005 10:01 AM
SunbeamTech LED Keyboard and Mouse @ InsaneTek Silverstrand Front Page News 12 07-17-2005 02:25 AM
Sunbeam Accessories: Anodized LED Fans and Thumbscrews Silverstrand Front Page News 0 07-10-2005 02:35 AM
Review: Mutant Mods' 80mm Blue Quad LED Fan Silverstrand Reviews & How-To's 0 06-20-2005 03:45 AM
LED there be Light, a D.I.Y. LED ringlight E Pericoloso Sporgersi Digital Photography 18 08-19-2003 03:22 PM

Advertisments