Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Simple, write to the FTC on google (if you found google's privacy violations disturbing)

Simple, write to the FTC on google (if you found google's privacy violations disturbing)

woo

(Product Name: Google Groups Beta) The reason I am writing is
because of very unfair business practices by Google Inc. The
main problem is privacy and copyright. Google offers limited
privacy solutions, but that is not acceptable. In California
law requires websites to remove private information upon
request, Google does not correspond. In a sense its like
"Google on people", overriding the privacy rights of the masses
for Google's money. I know millions are unsatisfied ever since
usenet was archived by a corporation (DejaNews, 1995). Google
purchased DejaNews in 2001, and remained the primary abuser
of privacy online and carrying harsh corporate policies sticking to
the "post-mainstream" totalitarian abuse of the unaware masses
worldwide.

Also Google scanned 15 million books from libraries
without checking for copyright, forcing people and book
companies worldwide to contact Google for resolving book
copyright disputes. Google claims its a good soliciting for
the writers but its stealing. There needs to more people
complaining, please, do something. Google's carelessness is
too extreme.

If you remember 1995 and all the people complaining
about privacy when DejaNews began archiving usenet,
you will probably agree. Please send your complaint to
www.ftc.gov, takes two minutes.

woo

> (Product Name: Google Groups Beta) The reason I am writing is
> because of very unfair business practices by Google Inc. The
> main problem is privacy and copyright. Google offers limited
> privacy solutions, but that is not acceptable. In California
> law requires websites to remove private information upon
> request, Google does not correspond. In a sense its like
> "Google on people", overriding the privacy rights of the masses
> for Google's money. I know millions are unsatisfied ever since
> usenet was archived by a corporation (DejaNews, 1995). Google
> purchased DejaNews in 2001, and remained the primary abuser
> of privacy online and carrying harsh corporate policies sticking to
> the "post-mainstream" totalitarian abuse of the unaware masses
> worldwide.
>
> Also Google scanned 15 million books from libraries
> without checking for copyright, forcing people and book
> companies worldwide to contact Google for resolving book
> copyright disputes. Google claims its a good soliciting for
> the writers but its stealing. There needs to more people
> complaining, please, do something. Google's carelessness is
> too extreme.
>
> If you remember 1995 and all the people complaining
> about privacy when DejaNews began archiving usenet,
> you will probably agree. Please send your complaint to
> www.ftc.gov, takes two minutes.

In these days of patriotism and madness which keeps these
issues from listened to, we can do something normal for a change.

Tony

"woo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_G3lf.50$(E-Mail Removed)...
> (Product Name: Google Groups Beta) The reason I am writing is
> because of very unfair business practices by Google Inc. The
> main problem is privacy and copyright. Google offers limited
> privacy solutions, but that is not acceptable. In California
> law requires websites to remove private information upon
> request, Google does not correspond. In a sense its like
> "Google on people", overriding the privacy rights of the masses
> for Google's money. I know millions are unsatisfied ever since
> usenet was archived by a corporation (DejaNews, 1995). Google
> purchased DejaNews in 2001, and remained the primary abuser
> of privacy online and carrying harsh corporate policies sticking to
> the "post-mainstream" totalitarian abuse of the unaware masses
> worldwide.
>
> Also Google scanned 15 million books from libraries
> without checking for copyright, forcing people and book
> companies worldwide to contact Google for resolving book
> copyright disputes. Google claims its a good soliciting for
> the writers but its stealing. There needs to more people
> complaining, please, do something. Google's carelessness is
> too extreme.
>
> If you remember 1995 and all the people complaining
> about privacy when DejaNews began archiving usenet,
> you will probably agree. Please send your complaint to
> www.ftc.gov, takes two minutes.

Google are not producing any additional information that cannot be obtained,
without paying, from a library.
By reproducing extracts from the books Google are likely to stimulate
sufficient interest for the book to be purchased.

Are you saying that all libraries should be closed because they allow free
access to books?

Woo constantly posts off topic articles in newsgroups.
Woo cross posts to more than three newsgroups which is unacceptable
Woo steals bandwidth
Woo is nothing more than a spammer
Woo is a hypocrite by breaking the same standards he complains about

William Tasso

Writing in
From the safety of the cafeteria
Tony <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

[follow-ups suggested]

> "woo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:_G3lf.50$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> (Product Name: Google Groups Beta) The reason I am writing...

> Woo constantly posts off topic articles in newsgroups.
> Woo cross posts to more than three newsgroups which is unacceptable
> Woo steals bandwidth
> Woo is nothing more than a spammer
> Woo is a hypocrite by breaking the same standards he complains about

all you say is true (and I doubt anyone disagrees with your sentiment) -
however, please strip AWW (alt.www.webmaster) from your replies. we've
read it all before and most of us have the **** safely filtered. tnx.
--
William Tasso

Save the drama
for your Mama.

Tony

"William Tasso" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Writing in
> From the safety of the cafeteria
> Tony <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
> [follow-ups suggested]
>

>> "woo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:_G3lf.50$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> (Product Name: Google Groups Beta) The reason I am writing...

>> Woo constantly posts off topic articles in newsgroups.
>> Woo cross posts to more than three newsgroups which is unacceptable
>> Woo steals bandwidth
>> Woo is nothing more than a spammer
>> Woo is a hypocrite by breaking the same standards he complains about

> all you say is true (and I doubt anyone disagrees with your sentiment) -
> however, please strip AWW (alt.www.webmaster) from your replies. we've
> read it all before and most of us have the **** safely filtered. tnx.
> --
> William Tasso
>
> Save the drama
> for your Mama.

Sorry, I was going to snip before I posted but forgot. Apologies.

woo

> > (Product Name: Google Groups Beta) The reason I am writing is
> > because of very unfair business practices by Google Inc. The
> > main problem is privacy and copyright. Google offers limited
> > privacy solutions, but that is not acceptable. In California
> > law requires websites to remove private information upon
> > request, Google does not correspond. In a sense its like
> > "Google on people", overriding the privacy rights of the masses
> > for Google's money. I know millions are unsatisfied ever since
> > usenet was archived by a corporation (DejaNews, 1995). Google
> > purchased DejaNews in 2001, and remained the primary abuser
> > of privacy online and carrying harsh corporate policies sticking to
> > the "post-mainstream" totalitarian abuse of the unaware masses
> > worldwide.
> >
> > Also Google scanned 15 million books from libraries
> > without checking for copyright, forcing people and book
> > companies worldwide to contact Google for resolving book
> > copyright disputes. Google claims its a good soliciting for
> > the writers but its stealing. There needs to more people
> > complaining, please, do something. Google's carelessness is
> > too extreme.
> >
> > If you remember 1995 and all the people complaining
> > about privacy when DejaNews began archiving usenet,
> > you will probably agree. Please send your complaint to
> > www.ftc.gov, takes two minutes.
> >

> Google are not producing any additional information that cannot be obtained,
> without paying, from a library.
> By reproducing extracts from the books Google are likely to stimulate
> sufficient interest for the book to be purchased.
>
> Are you saying that all libraries should be closed because they allow free
> access to books?
>
> Woo constantly posts off topic articles in newsgroups.
> Woo cross posts to more than three newsgroups which is unacceptable
> Woo steals bandwidth
> Woo is nothing more than a spammer
> Woo is a hypocrite by breaking the same standards he complains about

Go psycho!

woo

> Writing in
> From the safety of the cafeteria
> Tony <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
> [follow-ups suggested]
>

> > "woo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:_G3lf.50$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> (Product Name: Google Groups Beta) The reason I am writing...

> > Woo constantly posts off topic articles in newsgroups.
> > Woo cross posts to more than three newsgroups which is unacceptable
> > Woo steals bandwidth
> > Woo is nothing more than a spammer
> > Woo is a hypocrite by breaking the same standards he complains about

> all you say is true (and I doubt anyone disagrees with your sentiment) -
> however, please strip AWW (alt.www.webmaster) from your replies. we've
> read it all before and most of us have the **** safely filtered. tnx.
> --
> William Tasso
>
> Save the drama
> for your Mama.

Common William,
your brain works.

woo

> > Writing in
> > From the safety of the cafeteria
> > Tony <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
> >
> > [follow-ups suggested]
> >

> > > "woo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:_G3lf.50$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >
> > > Woo constantly posts off topic articles in newsgroups.
> > > Woo cross posts to more than three newsgroups which is unacceptable
> > > Woo steals bandwidth
> > > Woo is nothing more than a spammer
> > > Woo is a hypocrite by breaking the same standards he complains about

> > all you say is true (and I doubt anyone disagrees with your sentiment) -
> > however, please strip AWW (alt.www.webmaster) from your replies. we've
> > read it all before and most of us have the **** safely filtered. tnx.
> > --
> > William Tasso
> >
> > Save the drama
> > for your Mama.

> Common William,
> your brain works.

this about usenet. man. one day.

woo

> >> Woo constantly posts off topic articles in newsgroups.
> >> Woo cross posts to more than three newsgroups which is unacceptable
> >> Woo steals bandwidth
> >> Woo is nothing more than a spammer
> >> Woo is a hypocrite by breaking the same standards he complains about

> > all you say is true (and I doubt anyone disagrees with your sentiment) -
> > however, please strip AWW (alt.www.webmaster) from your replies. we've
> > read it all before and most of us have the **** safely filtered. tnx.
> > --
> > William Tasso
> >
> > Save the drama
> > for your Mama.

> Sorry, I was going to snip before I posted but forgot. Apologies.

Very stupid.

woo

> > > (Product Name: Google Groups Beta) The reason I am writing is
> > > because of very unfair business practices by Google Inc. The
> > > main problem is privacy and copyright. Google offers limited
> > > privacy solutions, but that is not acceptable. In California
> > > law requires websites to remove private information upon
> > > request, Google does not correspond. In a sense its like
> > > "Google on people", overriding the privacy rights of the masses
> > > for Google's money. I know millions are unsatisfied ever since
> > > usenet was archived by a corporation (DejaNews, 1995). Google
> > > purchased DejaNews in 2001, and remained the primary abuser
> > > of privacy online and carrying harsh corporate policies sticking to
> > > the "post-mainstream" totalitarian abuse of the unaware masses
> > > worldwide.
> > >
> > > Also Google scanned 15 million books from libraries
> > > without checking for copyright, forcing people and book
> > > companies worldwide to contact Google for resolving book
> > > copyright disputes. Google claims its a good soliciting for
> > > the writers but its stealing. There needs to more people
> > > complaining, please, do something. Google's carelessness is
> > > too extreme.
> > >
> > > If you remember 1995 and all the people complaining
> > > about privacy when DejaNews began archiving usenet,
> > > you will probably agree. Please send your complaint to
> > > www.ftc.gov, takes two minutes.
> > >

> > Google are not producing any additional information that cannot be obtained,
> > without paying, from a library.
> > By reproducing extracts from the books Google are likely to stimulate
> > sufficient interest for the book to be purchased.
> >
> > Are you saying that all libraries should be closed because they allow free
> > access to books?
> >
> > Woo constantly posts off topic articles in newsgroups.
> > Woo cross posts to more than three newsgroups which is unacceptable
> > Woo steals bandwidth
> > Woo is nothing more than a spammer
> > Woo is a hypocrite by breaking the same standards he complains about

> Go psycho!

The meaning of simple is very hard.

Why worry about psychoing others explicitely, write to the FTC on Google, and its
not even something weird in the careless decade following the 90's of sharing.

Product Name: Google Groups Beta and Google's Library Project