Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Dlink DWL 520+ Wireless PCI Card

Dlink DWL 520+ Wireless PCI Card

BeamerJay

Has anyone had any experience with this card? Reason being that I'm
currently having disconnections at random times, my laptop with it's own
wireless pc card seems fine, so I'm guessing the problem isn't with the
wireless router (which is a dlink 604+), but with this wireless cards them
selves.

I'm just curious if I'm one of the few that has been having problems. Could
anyone recommend any decent wireless pci cards?

Regards

Rosco

BeamerJay cried out

> Has anyone had any experience with this card? Reason being that
> I'm currently having disconnections at random times, my laptop
> with it's own wireless pc card seems fine, so I'm guessing the
> problem isn't with the wireless router (which is a dlink 604+),
> but with this wireless cards them selves.
>
> I'm just curious if I'm one of the few that has been having
> problems. Could anyone recommend any decent wireless pci cards?
>
> Regards

Exact same problem, the card will acctually completely shut down the
wireless side of my router most of the time and sometimes the entire
router, thought it was just my immagination... my router is a linksys
befw11s4 v.4 the dwl520 is the only pci wireless card i have tried, no
problems with linksys pcmcia cards or the integrated atheros in my new
laptop...

BeamerJay

Cheers for that, so I guess it's a new PCI wireless card for me then
"Rosco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns972394BB44F89rosco111NOCAPScharte@69.28.18 6.121...
> BeamerJay cried out
>
>> Has anyone had any experience with this card? Reason being that
>> I'm currently having disconnections at random times, my laptop
>> with it's own wireless pc card seems fine, so I'm guessing the
>> problem isn't with the wireless router (which is a dlink 604+),
>> but with this wireless cards them selves.
>>
>> I'm just curious if I'm one of the few that has been having
>> problems. Could anyone recommend any decent wireless pci cards?
>>
>> Regards
>>

> Exact same problem, the card will acctually completely shut down the
> wireless side of my router most of the time and sometimes the entire
> router, thought it was just my immagination... my router is a linksys
> befw11s4 v.4 the dwl520 is the only pci wireless card i have tried, no
> problems with linksys pcmcia cards or the integrated atheros in my new
> laptop...

DC

I also have one of those pieces of ****. Get a new card.

--
DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

Viruses, Instability, Spyware, Trojans, Adware -- Pre-order today!
-= http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/default.mspx =-

Rosco

DC cried out

> BeamerJay wrote:
>> Has anyone had any experience with this card? Reason being that
>> I'm currently having disconnections at random times, my laptop
>> with it's own wireless pc card seems fine, so I'm guessing the
>> problem isn't with the wireless router (which is a dlink 604+),
>> but with this wireless cards them selves.

>> I'm just curious if I'm one of the few that has been having
>> problems. Could anyone recommend any decent wireless pci cards?

> I also have one of those pieces of ****. Get a new card.

good to know that we are not a bunch of idiots, and that it really is a
shitty card...

BeamerJay

What wireless pci card would you recommend? I'm willing to spend a fair
amount to get a decent connection, so cost isn't really an issue.
news:(E-Mail Removed).. .

BeamerJay wrote:
> What wireless pci card would you recommend? I'm willing to spend a fair
> amount to get a decent connection, so cost isn't really an issue.
> "DC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> BeamerJay wrote:
>>> Has anyone had any experience with this card? Reason being that I'm
>>> currently having disconnections at random times, my laptop with it's own
>>> wireless pc card seems fine, so I'm guessing the problem isn't with the
>>> wireless router (which is a dlink 604+), but with this wireless cards
>>> them
>>> selves.

>>> I'm just curious if I'm one of the few that has been having problems.
>>> Could
>>> anyone recommend any decent wireless pci cards?

>> I also have one of those pieces of ****. Get a new card.

> What wireless pci card would you recommend? I'm willing to spend a fair
> amount to get a decent connection, so cost isn't really an issue.

I have no recommendation to make. I'm still stuck with mine.