Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Everest Home no longer free

Everest Home no longer free

Tony

Dam, was just going to recommend that someone downloads and installs it but
when I checked the URL it says that they are no longer doing the free
addition.

http://www.lavalys.com/news.php?arti...cat=PR&lang=en

'Spose will have to recommend Belarc now

old jon

news:dn18e6$h70$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dam, was just going to recommend that someone downloads and installs it
> but when I checked the URL it says that they are no longer doing the free
> addition.
>
> http://www.lavalys.com/news.php?arti...cat=PR&lang=en
>
> 'Spose will have to recommend Belarc now
> http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

There`s also AIDA32 here at majorgeeks
bw..OJ

Tony

"old jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fVVkf.24338$(E-Mail Removed)...

> There`s also AIDA32 here at majorgeeks
> http://www.majorgeeks.com/download181.html
> bw..OJ

Thanks for that. How strange that it is so similar to Everest

Noel Paton

"old jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fVVkf.24338$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Tony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:dn18e6$h70$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Dam, was just going to recommend that someone downloads and installs it
>> but when I checked the URL it says that they are no longer doing the free
>> addition.
>>
>> http://www.lavalys.com/news.php?arti...cat=PR&lang=en
>>
>> 'Spose will have to recommend Belarc now
>> http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
>>

> There`s also AIDA32 here at majorgeeks
> http://www.majorgeeks.com/download181.html
> bw..OJ

AIDA32 is also still available here
http://www.aumha.org/downloads/aida32.zip
(same version as the MG one)

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2006, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
http://www.crashfixpc.com/millsrpch.htm

http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

Shepİ

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 12:34:21 -0000 If you fall from a tree,leave your
anger on the branch and then "Tony" <(E-Mail Removed)> sent this :

>"old jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:fVVkf.24338$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> There`s also AIDA32 here at majorgeeks
>> http://www.majorgeeks.com/download181.html
>> bw..OJ

>Thanks for that. How strange that it is so similar to Everest

Aida32 became Everest

--
Free Windows/PC help,
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...m?bandID=88558

dadiOH

Tony wrote:
> "old jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:fVVkf.24338$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> There`s also AIDA32 here at majorgeeks
>> http://www.majorgeeks.com/download181.html
>> bw..OJ

> Thanks for that. How strange that it is so similar to Everest

*Plagirism*

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

news:dn1c4d$js8$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "old jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:fVVkf.24338$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> There`s also AIDA32 here at majorgeeks
>> http://www.majorgeeks.com/download181.html
>> bw..OJ

> Thanks for that. How strange that it is so similar to Everest

Wrong way around. AIDA32 existed first. Then the author decided to make
some cash on it and sold it off to Lavalys, along with becoming an employee
of Lavalys. Greed is powerful. Some features of AIDA32 were dropped from
Everest Home. Now Lavalys is dropping the Home version entirely.
Apparently there weren't enough users of the freebie edition that were
upgrading and paying for the next higher edition. Of course, their
Corporate and Ultimate versions don't even target the consumer market but
instead just the business market.

MajorGeeks.com also has a download for the enterprise version of AIDA32
(http://www.majorgeeks.com/download183.html). Yep, time to uninstall
Everest Home and reinstall AIDA32 EE to get back what Lavalys took away at
the start and what they take away now.

about Nepal and Mt.Everest nisad C++ 0 09-28-2010 08:36 AM
Hiking Mt. Everest Brian Computer Support 6 06-30-2006 11:02 PM
EVEREST v2.20.405 VWWall Windows 64bit 3 09-12-2005 04:57 PM
Belarc/Everest query Trent SC Computer Support 8 01-31-2005 01:23 PM
Everest Home Edition 'Freezes' during start-up...? cu@thebar.com Computer Support 8 10-14-2004 05:25 PM

Advertisments