Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can we batch process Word DOC to Acrobat PDF files?

Can we batch process Word DOC to Acrobat PDF files?

fitwell

Just out of curiousity, because I couldn't see how to do this and I
was required to convert 308 Word document yesterday to PDF format.

Tx.

Whiskers

On 2005-12-05, fitwell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Just out of curiousity, because I couldn't see how to do this and I
> was required to convert 308 Word document yesterday to PDF format.
>
> Tx.

MS word apparently cannot do this. The free Open Office can import MS
Word files and export PDF files - but you may need to manually edit the
text to get rid of Microsoft's non-standard characters etc.

I don't know of any utility to do precisely what you are asking, but I
wouldn't be surprised if there are commercial products or services
available.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

::Your Name Here::

fitwell wrote:
> Just out of curiousity, because I couldn't see how to do this and I
> was required to convert 308 Word document yesterday to PDF format.
>
> Tx.

Select all the DOC files, right click and select "Convert to PDF".
Oh yeah, you'll need Acrobat installed.
Acrobat Pro 7 does it, I'm not sure about the earlier versions.

fitwell

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 20:40:14 +1100, ::Your Name Here:: <"::Your Name
Here::"@dotcomdotaudotcom> wrote:

>fitwell wrote:
>> Just out of curiousity, because I couldn't see how to do this and I
>> was required to convert 308 Word document yesterday to PDF format.
>>
>> Tx.
>>

>Select all the DOC files, right click and select "Convert to PDF".
>Oh yeah, you'll need Acrobat installed.
>Acrobat Pro 7 does it, I'm not sure about the earlier versions.

Hi, it sounds like we're selecting this "Convert to PDF" from the
context menu which is Windows Explorer?

I believe we have v6. I'll have to check again at the office.

That would have saved me a lot of time last week, didn't think to see
if anything put in the context menu for PDF.

Pls confirm and thanks.

why?

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 09:04:24 -0500, fitwell wrote:

>On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 20:40:14 +1100, ::Your Name Here:: <"::Your Name
>Here::"@dotcomdotaudotcom> wrote:
>
>>fitwell wrote:
>>> Just out of curiousity, because I couldn't see how to do this and I
>>> was required to convert 308 Word document yesterday to PDF format.
>>>
>>> Tx.
>>>

>>Select all the DOC files, right click and select "Convert to PDF".
>>Oh yeah, you'll need Acrobat installed.
>>Acrobat Pro 7 does it, I'm not sure about the earlier versions.

>Hi, it sounds like we're selecting this "Convert to PDF" from the
>context menu which is Windows Explorer?

Yes.

Highlight the files, right click, select the option.

>I believe we have v6. I'll have to check again at the office.

Same on v6.

Taking a .htm file as an example, has 2 context entries

Convert to Adobe PDF
Combine in Adobe Acrobat

>That would have saved me a lot of time last week, didn't think to see
>if anything put in the context menu for PDF.

Sometimes the issue is too many things on the context menu

>Pls confirm and thanks.

Me