Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > printing out a screen of MP3 titles

printing out a screen of MP3 titles

Paul Bennett

I've got loads of MP3s and they are backed up on CD in no particular
order.I've just bought a portable CD player that plays MP3s and I want to
know if there's a way of printing out a list of the titles from the window
that they are in so that I can keep the printout with the disc so that I
know what the hell I'm listening to. I know it's a clumsy way of doing it
but there you go.is there something I can download or can I do it within
Windows?

cheers

the luddite

Andy Wilson

press [Alt] and [Prt Scr] while viewing your files in explorer then past the
image into Notepad, Word or similar software and print.

Andy Wilson

"Paul Bennett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've got loads of MP3s and they are backed up on CD in no particular
> order.I've just bought a portable CD player that plays MP3s and I want to
> know if there's a way of printing out a list of the titles from the window
> that they are in so that I can keep the printout with the disc so that I
> know what the hell I'm listening to. I know it's a clumsy way of doing it
> but there you go.is there something I can download or can I do it within
> Windows?
>
> cheers
>
> the luddite

why?

On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 16:47:15 -0000, Paul Bennett wrote:

>I've got loads of MP3s and they are backed up on CD in no particular
>order.I've just bought a portable CD player that plays MP3s and I want to
>know if there's a way of printing out a list of the titles from the window

What window?

Too much information?

>that they are in so that I can keep the printout with the disc so that I
>know what the hell I'm listening to. I know it's a clumsy way of doing it
>but there you go.is there something I can download or can I do it within
>Windows?

Printing directory listings, hmmm, well you could try the often
mentioned (in 24HSHD ,
http://groups.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk? ) Karen's
Directory Printer
http://www.karenware.com/powertools/

If you search for directory listing / directory printer you may well
find other apps.

Me

James

"Paul Bennett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've got loads of MP3s and they are backed up on CD in no particular
> order.I've just bought a portable CD player that plays MP3s and I want to
> know if there's a way of printing out a list of the titles from the window
> that they are in so that I can keep the printout with the disc so that I
> know what the hell I'm listening to. I know it's a clumsy way of doing it
> but there you go.is there something I can download or can I do it within
> Windows?
>
> cheers
>
> the luddite

Easiest way to do it would be to go into DOS, go to the directory and type

dir >mp3list.txt

You should now have a .txt file of all the mp3s in that directory. You can
play around with the dir options to get a layout you prefer.

Neville Denetto

These programs do not print the screen, but they will produce a list of
tunes on your CD. Sorry I do not have the links for 2 of the 3 programs...
good friend Google...
------------------------
PrintFolder Pro

Disc To Text

---------------------------------------

File List Generator

http://home.a03.itscom.net/tsuzu/programing/en/

At 47k, it does a great deal....

-----------------------------

Neville

"Paul Bennett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've got loads of MP3s and they are backed up on CD in no particular

fred-bloggs

"Paul Bennett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I've got loads of MP3s and they are backed up on CD in no particular
> order.I've just bought a portable CD player that plays MP3s and I
> want to know if there's a way of printing out a list of the titles
> from the window that they are in so that I can keep the printout with
> the disc so that I know what the hell I'm listening to. I know it's a
> clumsy way of doing it but there you go.is there something I can
> download or can I do it within Windows?
>
> cheers
>
> the luddite

MAC - Mpeg Audio Collection - prints CD covers with a list of mp3s. It
also does an excellent job of keeping track of all of your mp3s on CDs or
DVDs. It's free and open source.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mac/

--
fred

why?

On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 16:50:53 GMT, Andy Wilson wrote:

>press [Alt] and [Prt Scr] while viewing your files in explorer then past the
>image into Notepad, Word or similar software and print.

Missing an 'e'

Not notepad.

>Andy Wilson
>

>"Paul Bennett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I've got loads of MP3s and they are backed up on CD in no particular
>> order.I've just bought a portable CD player that plays MP3s and I want to
>> know if there's a way of printing out a list of the titles from the window

<snip>

Me

why?

On 03 Dec 2005 17:25:48 GMT, fred-bloggs wrote:

>"Paul Bennett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> I've got loads of MP3s and they are backed up on CD in no particular
>> order.I've just bought a portable CD player that plays MP3s and I
>> want to know if there's a way of printing out a list of the titles
>> from the window that they are in so that I can keep the printout with

<snip>

>> the luddite
>>

>MAC - Mpeg Audio Collection - prints CD covers with a list of mp3s. It
>also does an excellent job of keeping track of all of your mp3s on CDs or
>DVDs. It's free and open source.
>http://sourceforge.net/projects/mac/

Nice, added to bookmarks.

Thanks
Me

Plato

http://no-nonsense-software.com/download.shtml
http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

old jon

"Paul Bennett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've got loads of MP3s and they are backed up on CD in no particular
> order.I've just bought a portable CD player that plays MP3s and I want to
> know if there's a way of printing out a list of the titles from the window
> that they are in so that I can keep the printout with the disc so that I
> know what the hell I'm listening to. I know it's a clumsy way of doing it
> but there you go.is there something I can download or can I do it within
> Windows?
>
> cheers
>
> the luddite

`Print Folders` is one way.