Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How can I save this 'video' clip?

How can I save this 'video' clip?

Champagne Charlie

How do I save this video clip to my hard drive?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...07867&q=guitar

C.C.

dfrog

"Champagne Charlie" <FreeSoft@(TakeThisOut)Tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
news:z1jkf.117552$(E-Mail Removed) .uk...

> How do I save this video clip to my hard drive?
>
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...07867&q=guitar
>
> C.C.

CC,

what a talented young man !!......I've just captured this video clip and
saved it to my hard drive by using 'Camstudio'. Camstudio is a freeware
program that you should find here >>>>>>

http://www.brothersoft.com/Multimedi...udio_3944.html

Hope this helps

dfrog

Richard

"Champagne Charlie" <FreeSoft@(TakeThisOut)Tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
news:z1jkf.117552$(E-Mail Removed) .uk...

> How do I save this video clip to my hard drive?
>
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...07867&q=guitar
>
> C.C.

Paste your link into this page and follow instructions.
http://feelingtea.com/decode/google/index.php

You will need the FLV player from here:
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/flvplayer.html

Mitch

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > How do I save this video clip to my hard drive?
> >
> > http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...07867&q=guitar
> >
> > C.C.

Even better:
that appears to be our local talent Jake Shimabukuro.

Find his site here:

http://www.jakeshimabukuro.com/english/top.html

He is impressive. Like watching Stanley Jordan on a caffeine high.

Art

Charlie:

I could never get it to play right. The same video can be found at
http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/159572/

There, you can download it. I did, it's a 9 meg quick time file, and it
won't play either.

Maybe it'll work better for you.

Jake has a couple videos on his web site, but they're low speed and kind of
lame.

"Champagne Charlie" <FreeSoft@(TakeThisOut)Tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
news:z1jkf.117552$(E-Mail Removed) .uk...

> How do I save this video clip to my hard drive?
>
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...07867&q=guitar
>
> C.C.

Mitch

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Art
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Charlie:
>
> I could never get it to play right. The same video can be found at
> http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/159572/
>
> There, you can download it. I did, it's a 9 meg quick time file, and it
> won't play either.
>
> Maybe it'll work better for you.

The codecs are listed as QDesign Music 2 and Sorenson Video 3;
either you don't have the recent QuickTime loaded or the player you
were using just isn't seeing those. Neither is especially recent. Well,
Sorenson 3 might be early last year.

Jake is certainly sharp. He's known around here particularly for his
speed.

Art

> The codecs are listed as QDesign Music 2 and Sorenson Video 3;
> either you don't have the recent QuickTime loaded or the player you
> were using just isn't seeing those. Neither is especially recent. Well,
> Sorenson 3 might be early last year.

I can watch about the first 8 seconds, then data stops streaming and the
video freezes. Same thing on three different web sites, three different
computers. I give up.

> Jake is certainly sharp. He's known around here particularly for his
> speed.

Speed? Hmmmm... when I think of Jake I think of humor, instrument mastery,
and goofy acrobatics (like leaping and sliding on his knees while doing a
drop-dead ukulele version of Jimi Hendrix's "Voodoo Child, Slight Return").
Speed? Yeah, I guess he has that too.

I watched Jake work with a bunch of 4th graders a while back. He talked
about traditional Hawaiian music, and about his electronics boxes, and
played along. He wowed 'em. (And me.)