Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Simple (?) question about Lotus Notes 6.5 setup

Simple (?) question about Lotus Notes 6.5 setup

zxcvbob

My wife uses Lotus Notes 6.5 as a stand-alone client on her Thinkpad
without a Domino server -- she likes the integrated calendar and email
capabilities, kind of like Microsoft Outlook (not Outlook Express). I
have it set up to read her POP3 email account, but it does not delete
the message from the POP3 server when it downloads all her mail. Most
email clients are configurable to either leave the messages on the POP3
server or delete them. I can't find anything in Notes to delete
messages off the POP3 server as they are downloaded. Is there a setting
for this, and if so, where would I find it? Thanks.

Best regards,
Bob

FML

zxcvbob wrote:
> My wife uses Lotus Notes 6.5 as a stand-alone client on her Thinkpad
> without a Domino server -- she likes the integrated calendar and email
> capabilities, kind of like Microsoft Outlook (not Outlook Express). I
> have it set up to read her POP3 email account, but it does not delete
> the message from the POP3 server when it downloads all her mail. Most
> email clients are configurable to either leave the messages on the POP3
> server or delete them. I can't find anything in Notes to delete
> messages off the POP3 server as they are downloaded. Is there a setting
> for this, and if so, where would I find it? Thanks.
>
> Best regards,
> Bob

If you don't get an answer here, you may want to try this newsgroup:

comp.groupware.lotus-notes.misc

zxcvbob

FML wrote:
> zxcvbob wrote:
>
>> My wife uses Lotus Notes 6.5 as a stand-alone client on her Thinkpad
>> without a Domino server -- she likes the integrated calendar and email
>> capabilities, kind of like Microsoft Outlook (not Outlook Express). I
>> have it set up to read her POP3 email account, but it does not delete
>> the message from the POP3 server when it downloads all her mail. Most
>> email clients are configurable to either leave the messages on the POP3
>> server or delete them. I can't find anything in Notes to delete
>> messages off the POP3 server as they are downloaded. Is there a setting
>> for this, and if so, where would I find it? Thanks.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Bob

> If you don't get an answer here, you may want to try this newsgroup:
>
> comp.groupware.lotus-notes.misc

Thanks. I never heard of that group.

Best regards,
Bob