Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > mercury

mercury

philo

i have an outdoor thermometer...
i don't think they use mercury in them anymore...
i believe it's just red alcohol...

well anyway...the thermometer usually shows 70 or 80 (degrees F)
but as of late it's "drained down" to just 10 or so.

anyone know how to fill it up again to maybe 70 or so?

(g)

Dave Lear

"philo" wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)

> i have an outdoor thermometer...
> i don't think they use mercury in them anymore...
> i believe it's just red alcohol...
>
> well anyway...the thermometer usually shows 70 or 80 (degrees F)
> but as of late it's "drained down" to just 10 or so.
>
> anyone know how to fill it up again to maybe 70 or so?

I'll tell you next summer.

Vince Ramsy-Bottomley

Dave Lear <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> And just what is so wrong with my making a photocopy of my arse?

Whiskers

On 2005-12-02, philo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> i have an outdoor thermometer...
> i don't think they use mercury in them anymore...
> i believe it's just red alcohol...
>
> well anyway...the thermometer usually shows 70 or 80 (degrees F)
> but as of late it's "drained down" to just 10 or so.
>
> anyone know how to fill it up again to maybe 70 or so?

> (g)

soak in warm water.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

philo

<snp>

> soak in warm water.

The Old Sourdough

philo quacked like a deranged mallard in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> i have an outdoor thermometer...
> i don't think they use mercury in them anymore...
> i believe it's just red alcohol...
>
> well anyway...the thermometer usually shows 70 or 80 (degrees F)
> but as of late it's "drained down" to just 10 or so.
>
> anyone know how to fill it up again to maybe 70 or so?

> (g)

Seems to be a common problem. My indoor/outdoor dial thermometer and the
indoor/outdoor wireless digital thingy seem to be exhibiting the same
symptoms (but only on the outdoor readings). Have you found a fix yet?

Also, I feel cold when I'm outdoors, but it must be a psychological thing
because of the defective thermometers.

--
The Old Sourdough
A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships.-

Sony V1 + Mercury Optics Wide Angle adapter 0,45X - focus problem TSK-TSK Digital Photography 2 12-12-2004 10:09 AM
Freddy Mercury. Max MCSE 8 01-13-2004 03:52 AM
Mercury optical mouse Paul Reeve Computer Support 4 12-27-2003 11:51 PM
Mercury kob143 miditower led setting ? Graham Computer Support 3 10-04-2003 11:12 PM
Compare two XML files using Mercury's Quick Test Professional vaggelis XML 0 07-13-2003 12:11 AM

Advertisments