Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Win2k Group Policy

Win2k Group Policy

Mr.W

Hi everybody...

I am Wong, I have problem regarding group policy. Hope
someone can help me to solve this problem.

I have a win2k Active Directory. I want to apply the group
policy that I create to clients running win95 and win98. I
also want when user log on using computer running win95 or
win98 to have their previous computer setting and their
mydocuments folder follow them and software that they can
use and install.

It seem is regarding roaming profiles, folder redirection
and software restriction, but the win2k AD group policy
doesn't support win95 and win98 clients. So, anybody have
any suggestions to help me to solve this problem can send
me a mail to

Thank You.

Simon Geary

Hello Wong, Windows 95 and 98 do not support Group Policy. You need to use
the old NT style system policies instead.

"Mr.W" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0ada01c3621c$45ac9350$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi everybody...
>
> I am Wong, I have problem regarding group policy. Hope
> someone can help me to solve this problem.
>
> I have a win2k Active Directory. I want to apply the group
> policy that I create to clients running win95 and win98. I
> also want when user log on using computer running win95 or
> win98 to have their previous computer setting and their
> mydocuments folder follow them and software that they can
> use and install.
>
> It seem is regarding roaming profiles, folder redirection
> and software restriction, but the win2k AD group policy
> doesn't support win95 and win98 clients. So, anybody have
> any suggestions to help me to solve this problem can send
> me a mail to
>
> (E-Mail Removed)
>
> Thank You.

billyw