Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > DVD Problem: Burner, Player, of software?

DVD Problem: Burner, Player, of software?

mesmeric85@hotmail.com

Nero is burning wrong or if my Zenith DVD Player is having a problem
reading DVD+R blanks to which Nero has burned various avi, mpeg, or
whatever files so I can watch the DVDs on my TV throught the DVD
Player. Please look at the specs for my Zenith DVD Player and let me
know if there's problem with using DVD+R blanks, burned by Nero's
BURNING ROM, and watched on this Player--

Zenith DVB216 Progressive-Scan DVD Player

Technical data

Progressive Scan DVD Player : Yes
Digital Coax Output? : Yes
Digital Optical Output? : Yes
Component Video Output? : Yes
RF Coax A/V Output? : No
Shuttle Control : Yes
Formats Supported : DVD, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3, DVD-Video, CD-Audio
Number of Discs : 1
Number Composite (RCA) Outputs : 1
Number S-Video Outputs : 1
Remote : Multi-Component
Dolby Digital (AC3) Decoding Built In? : No
Parental Controls : No
Warranty Parts : 12 Months
Warranty Labor : 3 Months

I've been using DVD+R blanks, burning with Nero, and recently, when I
go to my TV to use my DVD Player, I'll be watching the movie, all is
going well, and then there's a pause, longer and longer pauses, then
skips, skipping, and even skipping to the end of the DVD. Overall, the
DVD show is ruined by the pauses, skips, and jumps. I don't know if
it's Nero BURNING ROM that's having the problems, my DVD Burner, i.e.
hp DVD Writer 400c, or the Zenith DVD Player (specs above). Please
help. This is why I was going to ask for a refund on Nero but they've
told me to remove all other burning software like InterVideo, and I
did, they gave me a software to clean my system of any DVD stuff that'd
interfer with Nero, and still I can't use my DVD Player after a burn
without skips, pauses, and jumps, but--BUT--if I PLAY a commercial DVD,
no problem. The problem is with only DVD recorded material. So either
my DVD Player is having problems reading the burned formats and/or I'm
using the wrong DVD blanks, DVD+R instead of DVD-R. But the one time I
tried to use DVD-R blanks, I couldn't get my DVD burning software to
even acknowledge the blanks.

P.S. How can I get Nero to burn to DVD-R blanks? How can I find out
if my Zenith DVD Player is rejecting the DVD+R blanks. The infor on my
Zenith Player doesn't indicate DVD+R abilities. So, what do I do since
I have this Zenith DVD Player, use Nero burning software, and have an
hp DVD Writer 400c drive?

Mitch

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> The problem is with only DVD recorded material. So either
> my DVD Player is having problems reading the burned formats and/or I'm
> using the wrong DVD blanks, DVD+R instead of DVD-R. But the one time I
> tried to use DVD-R blanks, I couldn't get my DVD burning software to
> even acknowledge the blanks.

But none of that actually said -- which is your burner SUPPOSED to use
(in it's own description or manual)?

And I didn't see any mention of what SPEED you are burning -- have you
tried burning the discs at a lower speed?
Some people in here have said it's smart to use a lower speed all the
time.