Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Oops, IE users, beware.

Re: Oops, IE users, beware.

Jim Richardson wrote:

> <http://www.computerterrorism.com/research/ie/ct21-11-2005>
>
> MS has known about the flaw (in DoS form) since may, but hasn't even
> aknoledged it's existence officially, meanwhile, it turns out that it's
> more than a DoS, it's a "We ownz j00"
>
> So patch those systems IE users, if and when MS release a patch...
> meanwhile, um, well, don't click on stuff.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
What are you trying to say?
Micoshaft is continuing to ship defective product in all
their pre-install products despite
knowing the defect is in place?

May be using Firefox (http://www.mozilla.org ) is now
a compulsory warning message that must be shown
on the boot up screen of windopes sold between now
and until the fault is fixed as a preventative measure
on all new sales of windopes to avoid a class action
civil suit?

Or perhaps even ship a free liveCD (http://www.livecdlist.com )
so that users can browse safely?

Roy Schestowitz

__/ [7] on Wednesday 30 November 2005 02:04 \__

> Jim Richardson wrote:
>
>> <http://www.computerterrorism.com/research/ie/ct21-11-2005>
>>
>> MS has known about the flaw (in DoS form) since may, but hasn't even
>> aknoledged it's existence officially, meanwhile, it turns out that it's
>> more than a DoS, it's a "We ownz j00"
>>
>> So patch those systems IE users, if and when MS release a patch...
>> meanwhile, um, well, don't click on stuff.

Every time this happens, it worries me as I still must tolerate hordes of
Windows zombies. What worries me more is that fact that yet another ver-
sion of Windows XP (one with visual glitter to extinguish OS X envy) will
be released as early as next year, having solved /none/ of these recurring
issues whose source is the non-modular core. That, and only that, must
have triggered that project we have come to know as Singularity.

Having discussed fan burn-outs, it seems clear that Windows is merely a
simple O/S with 'stuff' progressively added up in a naive way, making it
an utter bloat with features being leeches on the CPU and RAM.

So, 5 years down the line, a stripped-down version of what was initially
promised,. is be unleashed onto the market. Same issues, more versions for
Microsoft to maintain (patch up) and yet more deterring hardware require-
ment. Boy, do I look forward to getting my hands on that Vista CD...

> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
> What are you trying to say?
> Micoshaft is continuing to ship defective product in all
> their pre-install products despite
> knowing the defect is in place?
>
> May be using Firefox (http://www.mozilla.org ) is now
> a compulsory warning message that must be shown
> on the boot up screen of windopes sold between now
> and until the fault is fixed as a preventative measure
> on all new sales of windopes to avoid a class action
> civil suit?
>
> Or perhaps even ship a free liveCD (http://www.livecdlist.com )
> so that users can browse safely?

If none of the live CD's contains a blue E, this might lead to user
confusion.

I repeatedly hear voices. "i can't get internet, it says page canot be
dipalyed. can't get my e-mail (Hotmail) either." Very often the computers
are infected or ports get blocked due to the Windows inevitable paranoia.

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz | "Nothing to see in this sig, please move along"
http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E

new identity

"Roy Schestowitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dmji5n$1vg4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> __/ [7] on Wednesday 30 November 2005 02:04 \__
>
>> Jim Richardson wrote:
>>
>>> <http://www.computerterrorism.com/research/ie/ct21-11-2005>
>>>
>>> MS has known about the flaw (in DoS form) since may, but hasn't even
>>> aknoledged it's existence officially, meanwhile, it turns out that it's
>>> more than a DoS, it's a "We ownz j00"
>>>
>>> So patch those systems IE users, if and when MS release a patch...
>>> meanwhile, um, well, don't click on stuff.

> Every time this happens, it worries me as I still must tolerate hordes of
> Windows zombies. What worries me more is that fact that yet another ver-
> sion of Windows XP (one with visual glitter to extinguish OS X envy) will
> be released as early as next year, having solved /none/ of these recurring
> issues whose source is the non-modular core. That, and only that, must
> have triggered that project we have come to know as Singularity.
>
> Having discussed fan burn-outs, it seems clear that Windows is merely a
> simple O/S with 'stuff' progressively added up in a naive way, making it
> an utter bloat with features being leeches on the CPU and RAM.
>
> So, 5 years down the line, a stripped-down version of what was initially
> promised,. is be unleashed onto the market. Same issues, more versions for
> Microsoft to maintain (patch up) and yet more deterring hardware require-
> ment. Boy, do I look forward to getting my hands on that Vista CD...
>

>> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
>> What are you trying to say?
>> Micoshaft is continuing to ship defective product in all
>> their pre-install products despite
>> knowing the defect is in place?
>>
>> May be using Firefox (http://www.mozilla.org ) is now
>> a compulsory warning message that must be shown
>> on the boot up screen of windopes sold between now
>> and until the fault is fixed as a preventative measure
>> on all new sales of windopes to avoid a class action
>> civil suit?
>>
>> Or perhaps even ship a free liveCD (http://www.livecdlist.com )
>> so that users can browse safely?

> If none of the live CD's contains a blue E, this might lead to user
> confusion.
>
> I repeatedly hear voices. "i can't get internet, it says page canot be
> dipalyed. can't get my e-mail (Hotmail) either." Very often the computers
> are infected or ports get blocked due to the Windows inevitable paranoia.
>
> Roy
>
> --
> Roy S. Schestowitz | "Nothing to see in this sig, please move along"
> http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
> 6:35am up 4:02, 2 users, load average: 0.33, 0.33, 0.20
> http://iuron.com - next generation of search paradigms

ooops blimey.... wel AVG caught it, chewed it up and spat it out! Whats
with the calculator tho?