Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Clicking boxes

Clicking boxes

Garland

Say you're filling in a form on the net using keys not mouse, is there any
way, when you've gone to a box with Tab to click or unclick it without using
the mouse?

Seems this is one of the few things I haven't been able to do with key
commands.

Thanks

Trax

"Garland" <.> wrote:

|>Say you're filling in a form on the net using keys not mouse, is there any
|>way, when you've gone to a box with Tab to click or unclick it without using
|>the mouse?
|>
|>Seems this is one of the few things I haven't been able to do with key
|>commands.

Space bar will do what you want.

--
Take a game break...
http://games.briankass.com/

why?

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 23:58:46 -0000, Garland wrote:

>Say you're filling in a form on the net using keys not mouse, is there any
>way, when you've gone to a box with Tab to click or unclick it without using
>the mouse?

What?

Is assumed you mean a checkbox / radio button, you didn't say , nor
provide a URL to an example form.

Try the spacebar.

>Seems this is one of the few things I haven't been able to do with key
>commands.

If it's a dropdown list, try the spacebar and / or up/down cursor.

Links , tab to select / return to open.

www.google.com and the helpfile for your browser , look for navigation
keys.

Me

Mike Easter

Garland wrote:
> Say you're filling in a form on the net using keys not mouse, is
> there any way, when you've gone to a box with Tab to click or unclick
> it without using the mouse?

I use MS's accessibility feature/CP because I like to use StickyKeys.

Accessibility has several optional functions, including MouseKeys, which
I don't normally use.

If you enable MouseKeys, you can cause the numeric keypad to move the
mouse/cursor and the 5 is the R mouse key and enter is the L mouse key.

Presumably if enabled, the mousekeys would be operational in your
browser webform completion. So you would tab to the box and hit enter
[I would use the numeric keypad enter] to simulate a L mouse click. I
don't have such a form in front of me right now to test it on, so I
can't confirm that it works 'as advertised' here.

You can also configure mousekeys to be op or inop depending on whether
your numlock is op or inop.

--
Mike Easter

.