Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Usenet is adding to global warming...

Usenet is adding to global warming...

Prof.Doogle

You heard correctly, and you heard it here first.

Unnecessary and extravagant bandwidth is being used up on Usenet with
posting containing log file data and unsnipped passages attributing to
heating the wires in which it travels and the additional HDD activity
required to handle the larger sized post.

Posters, whose sensibilities get the better of them are too contributing to
global warning with their uncontrollable blood rushes to the dead.

Others just sit, glued to their screens pounding away, and that also creates
sufficient friction and subsequently heat to agitate the polar ice caps.

Fat ****s on Usenet are not exempt from the terroristic scoffing of carbs
causing more unnecessary body heat than you could shake a stick at.

Then Usenet has the stupid idiot n00b that knows less than little about
anything by placing their nonputer into 1st and just dump the clutch in the
hope the ****er will just take care of itself. The heat generated from a
nonputer locking up... [the word freezing in this passage was not considered
appropriate at this time and may have negated the meaning of global warming]
.... causing the CPU to run wildly on and upward of 75 degrees at an often
fluctuating 100% would be enough to fry an egg on.

There are many more example that could go towards reducing global warming
where Usenet is concerned, but the list is no doubt endless.

So, on the count of three, turn your nonputers off...

It's all in a days work - ask me another

Toolman Tim

Kleuskes & Moos <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
(E-Mail Removed) m...

> Prof.Doogle schreef:
>
>> You heard correctly, and you heard it here first.

> <snip drivel>
>
>> So, on the count of three, turn your nonputers off...

> You first.

oo' you're serious <snigger>

Linux makes you stupid

<Aside: Stupid linux****>

--
Toolman Tim: Founding member and CEO of ****TARDS'R'US

Alex Calwell

Kleuskes & Moos, <(E-Mail Removed)>, the heaped-up, bumpkinly bighead, and
debt collector, cringed:

> Prof.Doogle schreef:
>
>> You heard correctly, and you heard it here first.

> <snip drivel>
>
>> So, on the count of three, turn your nonputers off...

> You first.

I assume you took offense because, you're a "Fat ****"?

Prof.Doogle

(E-Mail Removed) (E-Mail Removed), wrote in message
(E-Mail Removed) om:
> Fascinating theory.
>
> Even more fascinating, since bits must travel across the wire/fiber
> etc simply to maintain the protocol. The real bandwidth gobblers are
> these "Watch your TV from home" gadgets.
>
> *HDTV (1280x800) Video - uncompressed - 30 mb/second.
> *NTSC Video - uncompressed - 8 mb/second
> *DVD - MPEG-4 compression - 500 kb/second
> *NTSC quality - MPEG4 compressed - 72 kb/second
> *CD Audio - uncompressed - 56 kb/second
> *MP3 - 4 kb/second
>
> *MS-Word document - 100 kb/page.
> *Ascii text (usenet document) 1kb/page.
>
> In terms of bandwidth, usenet is one of the lowest consumers. No it's not.

Your valuable contribution shows many more reasons why Usenet is causing
global warming. Thank you.

--
It's all in a days work - ask me another

Prof.Doogle

Lord Gazwad of Grantham gazwad@my-****-dont-stink.com, wrote in message
(E-Mail Removed)ets:
> (E-Mail Removed), <(E-Mail Removed)>, the funerary, squelched
> vegetable, and person who cuts and polishes coprolites for jewellery,
> cautioned:
>
>> Fascinating theory.
>>
>> Even more fascinating, since bits must travel across the wire/fiber
>> etc simply to maintain the protocol. The real bandwidth gobblers are
>> these "Watch your TV from home" gadgets.

> I suppose stupid ***** like you watch your TV with your nose pressed
> up against the shop window.

Followups restored for the good of global warming.

--
It's all in a days work - ask me another

Grahame Newton-Tillman

(E-Mail Removed), <(E-Mail Removed)>, the crusty, neutered head
blight, and qualified charlatan who assists women in child birth,
indoctrinated:

> Fascinating theory.
>
> Even more fascinating, since bits must travel across the wire/fiber
> etc simply to maintain the protocol. The real bandwidth gobblers are
> these "Watch your TV from home" gadgets.
>
> HDTV (1280x800) Video - uncompressed - 30 mb/second.
> NTSC Video - uncompressed - 8 mb/second
> DVD - MPEG-4 compression - 500 kb/second
> NTSC quality - MPEG4 compressed - 72 kb/second
> CD Audio - uncompressed - 56 kb/second
> MP3 - 4 kb/second
>
> MS-Word document - 100 kb/page.
> Ascii text (usenet document) 1kb/page.
>
> In terms of bandwidth, usenet is one of the lowest consumers.

Did you actually read Professor ****head's post properly?

Prof.Doogle

Kleuskes & Moos (E-Mail Removed), wrote in message
(E-Mail Removed) om:
> Prof.Doogle schreef:
>
> <snip>
>
>>> I suppose stupid ***** like you watch your TV with your nose pressed
>>> up against the shop window.

>> Followups restored for the good of global warming.

> Hey! Stoopid! Reinstate our trolling n.g.! If you don't do
> that, we can see if we're successfull!

Done! You're very welcome.

> So the uebertroll has to spank him. Nice to see trolls spanking
> each-other for a change.
>
> <giggling like a little girl>

So, you did misread my entire post. I'd say Gazwad's comments were
particularly funny and poignantly condescending of you, wouldn't you?

--
It's all in a days work - ask me another

Jij oliebollige geflikkerde kutzwabber

Thomas Wootten, <(E-Mail Removed)>, the stinking, faerie picolo
player, and attacher of extra horses to wagons and coaches to help them up
hills, gainsaid:

> :etorw elgooD.forP
>>
>> You heard correctly, and you heard it here first.
>>
>> Unnecessary and extravagant bandwidth is being used up on Usenet with
>> posting containing log file data and unsnipped passages attributing
>> to heating the wires in which it travels and the additional HDD
>> activity required to handle the larger sized post.
>>
>> Posters, whose sensibilities get the better of them are too
>> contributing to global warning with their uncontrollable blood
>> rushes to the dead.
>>
>> Others just sit, glued to their screens pounding away, and that also
>> creates sufficient friction and subsequently heat to agitate the
>> polar ice caps.
>>
>> Fat ****s on Usenet are not exempt from the terroristic scoffing of
>> carbs causing more unnecessary body heat than you could shake a
>> stick at.
>>
>> Then Usenet has the stupid idiot n00b that knows less than little
>> about anything by placing their nonputer into 1st and just dump the
>> clutch in the hope the ****er will just take care of itself. The
>> heat generated from a nonputer locking up... [the word freezing in
>> this passage was not considered appropriate at this time and may
>> have negated the meaning of global warming] ... causing the CPU to
>> run wildly on and upward of 75 degrees at an often fluctuating 100%
>> would be enough to fry an egg on.
>>
>> There are many more example that could go towards reducing global
>> warming where Usenet is concerned, but the list is no doubt endless.
>>
>> So, on the count of three, turn your nonputers off...
>>
>> 1
>>

> !!!OAML

> thgil artxe taht ,tnemom a tiaw ho...yad ym pu nethgirb ot gnihtemos
> .tinmad .ylbativeni taeh ot og lliw
>>

> tub eurt _era_ stniop sih ;ylsuoires PO eht sekat loof yna esac nI(
> )tnacifingis eb t'now stceffe eht

**** off, you know all ****.

Ri Chuo Jiang

Thomas Wootten, <(E-Mail Removed)>, the streptococcal, feathery
hydatid, and shoemaker, nagged:

> :etorw elgooD.forP
>>
>> You heard correctly, and you heard it here first.
>>
>> Unnecessary and extravagant bandwidth is being used up on Usenet with
>> posting containing log file data and unsnipped passages attributing
>> to heating the wires in which it travels and the additional HDD
>> activity required to handle the larger sized post.
>>
>> Posters, whose sensibilities get the better of them are too
>> contributing to global warning with their uncontrollable blood
>> rushes to the dead.
>>
>> Others just sit, glued to their screens pounding away, and that also
>> creates sufficient friction and subsequently heat to agitate the
>> polar ice caps.
>>
>> Fat ****s on Usenet are not exempt from the terroristic scoffing of
>> carbs causing more unnecessary body heat than you could shake a
>> stick at.
>>
>> Then Usenet has the stupid idiot n00b that knows less than little
>> about anything by placing their nonputer into 1st and just dump the
>> clutch in the hope the ****er will just take care of itself. The
>> heat generated from a nonputer locking up... [the word freezing in
>> this passage was not considered appropriate at this time and may
>> have negated the meaning of global warming] ... causing the CPU to
>> run wildly on and upward of 75 degrees at an often fluctuating 100%
>> would be enough to fry an egg on.
>>
>> There are many more example that could go towards reducing global
>> warming where Usenet is concerned, but the list is no doubt endless.
>>
>> So, on the count of three, turn your nonputers off...
>>
>> 1
>>

> !!!OAML

> thgil artxe taht ,tnemom a tiaw ho...yad ym pu nethgirb ot gnihtemos
> .tinmad .ylbativeni taeh ot og lliw
>>

> tub eurt _era_ stniop sih ;ylsuoires PO eht sekat loof yna esac nI(
> )tnacifingis eb t'now stceffe eht

**** off, you know all ****.

Jayasvamin Mallikarjun

Thomas Wootten, <(E-Mail Removed)>, the decrepit, swishing weasel, and
ornamental feather seller, bullshitted: