Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > taskbar can someone help?

taskbar can someone help?

Evan

My taskbar suddenly stopped showing the windows i have open and
minimized, for example i have to press ctrl+alt+delete to get to them
and open it, or press alt tab, I have Windows XP, can someone ttell
me what to do about this?

thanks

Old Gringo

On or about Sunday, November 27, 2005, 2:24:33 PM,, In the
24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group, Without Any Hesitation Evan Wrote
The Following:

> My taskbar suddenly stopped showing the windows i have open and
> minimized, for example i have to press ctrl+alt+delete to get to them
> and open it, or press alt tab, I have Windows XP, can someone ttell
> me what to do about this?
>
> thanks

I am using Win98se and use the auto hide feature and just move the
mouse arrow down against the bottom of the screen to get the task bar
to pop up. ??
--
Old Gringo
The Future Is Not What It Use To Be

Evan

well i mean i can see the actual taskbar all the time its just that it
will not show any of the windows i have open on it

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com,
Evan spewed forth:
> well i mean i can see the actual taskbar all the time its just that it
> will not show any of the windows i have open on it

Please leave the message thread in your reply.

--
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com,
Evan spewed forth:
> My taskbar suddenly stopped showing the windows i have open and
> minimized, for example i have to press ctrl+alt+delete to get to them
> and open it, or press alt tab, I have Windows XP, can someone ttell
> me what to do about this?
>
> thanks

What happens after you reboot? Does it work correctly? Does it not work?
Does it work for awhile then quit? Please describe everything you've tried.

--
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

"Evan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> My taskbar suddenly stopped showing the windows i have open and
> minimized, for example i have to press ctrl+alt+delete to get to them
> and open it, or press alt tab, I have Windows XP, can someone ttell
> me what to do about this?
>
> thanks

The buttons in the taskbar for the applications will appear whether you have
the application normal sized, maximized, or minimized. Perhaps your
particular unnamed applications have an option to minimize to an incon in
the system notification area (aka tray area), and their icons are currently
hidden because you have the tray area configured to not show inactive icons.
Click the chevron on the left side of the tray area to show hidden icons.

Are you using any virtual desktop utility? Could be you have the
applications open (or minimized) in one virtual desktop but are currently in
another virtual desktop. Some virtual desktop managers permit showing
separate taskbars for each virtual desktop or optionally showing the apps in
the taskbar under every virtual desktop.

Evan

In news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
Vanguard said

>The buttons in the taskbar for the applications will appear whether you have
>the application normal sized, maximized, or minimized. Perhaps your
>particular unnamed applications have an option to minimize to an incon in
>the system notification area (aka tray area), and their icons are currently
>hidden because you have the tray area configured to not show inactive icons.
>Click the chevron on the left side of the tray area to show hidden icons.

>Are you using any virtual desktop utility? Could be you have the
>applications open (or minimized) in one virtual desktop but are currently in
>another virtual desktop. Some virtual desktop managers permit showing
>separate taskbars for each virtual desktop or optionally showing the apps in
>the taskbar under every virtual desktop.

Yeah i'm not really ure what u meant by showing a thread, but i tried,
uh

I dont ave a Virtual desktop,no and It started this morning and i
restarted the computer and they showed up again, but then they stopped
showing....
So i restarted again and It still didnt work. It might have something
to do with spyware but i just cleaned it off of my computer

Ben Myers

Sounds like the "FriendsGreetings" worm. See if this is helpful.

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/viru...FFRIENDGRT%2EA

Ben

"Evan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> My taskbar suddenly stopped showing the windows i have open and
> minimized, for example i have to press ctrl+alt+delete to get to them
> and open it, or press alt tab, I have Windows XP, can someone ttell
> me what to do about this?
>
> thanks

Evan

In the above message.. "ben" said

>Sounds like the "FriendsGreetings" worm. See if this is helpful.

>Ben

Ok, thanks ben I'm running that now, hey can yu upload pictures to this
site

Ben Myers

You probably should use something like news:alt.binaries.pictures with a unique
title, then just post here with a reference to it.

Ben