Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > hotmail account

hotmail account

LL

i wanted to put a hotmail account in my outlook express 6 but it doesn't
seem to support it.
Probably doing something wrong so a bit of help would be nice

Thanx

Ally

hotmail account?
I don't think they offer pop access unless its (maybe) a premium
service.
if that is the case, all the details would have been provided when you
signed up.

lee jolly

Hotmail no longer support POP services its only for premium users you are
correct ally

Lee

"Ally" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> hotmail account?
> I don't think they offer pop access unless its (maybe) a premium
> service.
> if that is the case, all the details would have been provided when you
> signed up.

"LL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4389bc4c$0$11067$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl...
>i wanted to put a hotmail account in my outlook express 6 but it doesn't
> seem to support it.
> Probably doing something wrong so a bit of help would be nice

If you want HTTPmail access to your Hotmail account (which is only supported
in Microsoft's e-mail clients), you'll have to pay for their premium service
to get that access. Otherwise, the freebie accounts require you use the
webmail interface.

It's free to use using their webmail interface. It is not free to access
using an local e-mail client.

James

<Vanguard> wrote in message news(E-Mail Removed)...
> "LL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4389bc4c$0$11067$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl...
>>i wanted to put a hotmail account in my outlook express 6 but it doesn't
>> seem to support it.
>> Probably doing something wrong so a bit of help would be nice

> If you want HTTPmail access to your Hotmail account (which is only
> supported in Microsoft's e-mail clients), you'll have to pay for their
> premium service to get that access. Otherwise, the freebie accounts
> require you use the webmail interface.
>
> It's free to use using their webmail interface. It is not free to access
> using an local e-mail client.

(unless it's an old account)

news:438a07a3$0$1450$(E-Mail Removed)...

> <Vanguard> wrote in message news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "LL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:4389bc4c$0$11067$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl...
>>>i wanted to put a hotmail account in my outlook express 6 but it doesn't
>>> seem to support it.
>>> Probably doing something wrong so a bit of help would be nice

>> If you want HTTPmail access to your Hotmail account (which is only
>> supported in Microsoft's e-mail clients), you'll have to pay for their
>> premium service to get that access. Otherwise, the freebie accounts
>> require you use the webmail interface.
>>
>> It's free to use using their webmail interface. It is not free to access
>> using an local e-mail client.

> (unless it's an old account)

Since it sounded like a new problem (i.e., adding a new account to OE), I
didn't bother getting into discussing the grandfathered accounts. The OP
didn't provide info regarding how old is their account (i.e., did it exist
before 29-Nov-2004). "Doesn't support it" gives no details on how the OP
discerned that effect. There was probably an error message but it was never
provided.