Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Vue vs Prometic

Vue vs Prometic

hkfainet

which is better?Is it the same?What is different?

billyw

definately

"hkfainet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> which is better?Is it the same?What is different?

Rick

I personally will never use Prometric again. I had a problem rescheduling a
test over the internet and ended up forfeiting my test fee. I called to
discuss my issues and was treated like I was stupid. I don't understand the
issue as I did not want a refund I simply wanted to take the test (typical
big corporation no customer service for the little guy). The bottom line was
I would have to pay again. I will now be much more careful about
rescheduling any test and make sure I get an email confirmation. All I can
tell you is be careful with either if you ever have to reschedule.

Beoweolf

Same here, I used to look at Vue as a Wannabe test center. After several
negative experiences with Prometric, scheduling conflicts and poor customer
service, I tried Vue. I have found the site I visit to be help,
accommodating and most importantly...they send in and post test results in a
timely manner!

There is only one thing worse than seeing "Fail" on a test and that is NOT
seeing your Pass results posted at the vendor site for days or weeks
after.Something just doesn't seem right for a computer test center to not be
able to transfer data in a timely manner, without you having to contact them
and run a steeplechase to get your results. You would think for the
exorbitant test fees, they could at least get that right!
"Insider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:KQWZa.167006$(E-Mail Removed) ble.rogers.com...

> I prefer vue for the bigger monitors and nicer computers they have and no
> trouble service .

> FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
> Download Spam Inspector, the Award Winning Anti-Spam Filter
> http://mail.giantcompany.com
>

> "hkfainet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > which is better?Is it the same?What is different?

Paul Hanlon

Hi there,

Never used Prometric but have heard some horror stories
about it. Have had no problems with Vue and have sat 9
exams through them so far.

Go to www.vue.com and sign up for a username, the password
will be mailed to you. Once you have it log in and
schedule your exams. I have never had to even speak to
Vue and have re-scheduled 3 exams so far.

As far as results I have found them posted on the site on
the same day and on the Transcript the next day.

Paul Hanlon CCNA, MCSA, MCSE

Japes

Personally I think its more down to the actual testing centre, as my local
Prometric centre has good equipment and I've not a had a problem with them
in any of the 8 exams I've sat there. I've booked exams both over the phone
and online and barring forgetting my password I can't say I've had any
problems there either. I would add that I usually book the exams 6 weeks
in-advance and have several times changed that booking a couple of days
before hand when I didn't feel ready for the exams.

Some people may say I'm just lucky, but I do think some (SOME not all) of
the "horror" stories are due to people thinking that the rules didn't apply
to them, I've also heard of people having problems at VUE centres (we don't
have any locally).

HTH

--
Regards

Japes

Have you found any Celestine Insights in your life yet?
> which is better?Is it the same?What is different?

M Arsahd mirza

I think there is no much diffrent between these two
becouse i have appear in both test center recently when i
completed my mcse.So you should not be woried about it.

Beoweolf

I agree with your observation that the physical building, test stations,
computers may be a moot point. Matter of fact, many test centers are
franchised(?), certified with both organizations. The issue is what happens
to your test scores after it is submitted to the parent organization or how
you are treated in exceptional cases? A critical reading, interpretation of
most of the messages centers the complaint on customer server,
administration from the parent organization. Prometric has been slipping
over the last year or so.Taking weeks to process and submit test scores to
Microsoft...incomplete download or delayed download to the test center for
tests already scheduled and paid for.

I don't see this as "bashing" Prometric, most of the complainants have been
restrained, mentioning good experiences...in the past. It's just that lately
they have been repeated dropping the ball. When someone reports a personal
experience, that may be negative, it doesn't mean that every experience will
be negative...it only means that their personal experience was less than
satisfactory. If you chose to discount, ignore or rebut that message, great;
however, it doesn't invalidate the negative experience of the original post,
nor address the stated administrative issues that have been brought up.

"M Arsahd mirza" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0cef01c36186$9439be30$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I think there is no much diffrent between these two
> becouse i have appear in both test center recently when i
> completed my mcse.So you should not be woried about it.

Cheeseburger

I've had great service with Prometric.
Two times I was scheduled for an exam and the testing center was closed due
to and emergency. Actually the lab administrator failed to show up to work.
When I called Prometric they immediatly called the testing center to verify
the closure and let me re-schedule the test.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...