Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > unable to view wireless networks

unable to view wireless networks

=?Utf-8?B?Y2xpZmY=?=

using Intel PRO wirless 2200BG Netw connection( is this the wirless card?). i
cannot see any available networks and error message comes up that windows
cannot configure (message 871122) I tried to do zero wireless congiguation.
the instructions tells me to click on "wireless tab" But I do not have one
(only general and advanced tabs). It looks like i am missing something or
maybe something got deleted. i have Dell Inspiron 600m. i used to be able to
see all avialable networks so something happened along the way...any help or
suggestions?
Cliff

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
First check the general Health of you Network Card and basic Network
configuration.
May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/debug/html
If it does not work when every thing checks OK, head over here,
http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"cliff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> using Intel PRO wirless 2200BG Netw connection( is this the wirless
> card?). i
> cannot see any available networks and error message comes up that windows
> cannot configure (message 871122) I tried to do zero wireless
> congiguation.
> the instructions tells me to click on "wireless tab" But I do not have one
> (only general and advanced tabs). It looks like i am missing something or
> maybe something got deleted. i have Dell Inspiron 600m. i used to be able
> see all avialable networks so something happened along the way...any help
> or
> suggestions?
> Cliff

=?Utf-8?B?Y2xpZmY=?=

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

> Hi
> First check the general Health of you Network Card and basic Network
> configuration.
> May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/debug/html
> If it does not work when every thing checks OK, head over here,
> http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "cliff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > using Intel PRO wirless 2200BG Netw connection( is this the wirless
> > card?). i
> > cannot see any available networks and error message comes up that windows
> > cannot configure (message 871122) I tried to do zero wireless
> > congiguation.
> > the instructions tells me to click on "wireless tab" But I do not have one
> > (only general and advanced tabs). It looks like i am missing something or
> > maybe something got deleted. i have Dell Inspiron 600m. i used to be able
> > see all avialable networks so something happened along the way...any help
> > or
> > suggestions?
> > Cliff

> this did not help my situation,
> I have no rouble connecting to my router at home. The problem is that I cannot connect to another network anywhere else. I used to get a bubble on my toolbar telling me all the available networks, now it says "windows cannt configure this wireless connection

if you have enables another program to manage this wireless connection, use
that software" Then it goes on to ask if i want to start WZC service..."

Did I delete something along the way?
Cliff

=?Utf-8?B?VGFiaXRoZWxsYQ==?=

I get exactly the same error/message on my lap top. I haven't changed
anything recently but I no longer get a pop up telling me what networks are
available.

Cliff wrote>>>>