Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > sony dvd recorder rdr-gx7

sony dvd recorder rdr-gx7

Harold potter esq

Hi

I am hoping that someone has got a dvd recorder same as mine. No matter
what I do, I cannot record on it. Can play dvds but not record. I put a
DVD+RW in and upon trying to record, I get the message....."The current disc
is non recordable. Replace with a recordable disc". A lot of the options
for setting up are 'greyed out'. No fancy quips please about google,
sending it back etc. I have tried all to no avail and Sony do not seem to
have a trouble shooting site. Any ideas please?
--
This is not the work of a complete idiot....not yet.

Toolman Tim

In news:fXJgf.39$(E-Mail Removed),
Harold potter esq spewed forth:
> Hi
>
> I am hoping that someone has got a dvd recorder same as mine. No
> matter what I do, I cannot record on it. Can play dvds but not
> record. I put a DVD+RW in and upon trying to record, I get the
> message....."The current disc is non recordable. Replace with a
> recordable disc". A lot of the options for setting up are 'greyed
> out'. No fancy quips please about google, sending it back etc. I
> have tried all to no avail and Sony do not seem to have a trouble
> shooting site. Any ideas please?

What SOFTWARE are you using to attempt to write to your drive? Windows XP is
not capable of writing DVD discs of any kind, like they can CDR and CDRW
discs.

The issue is most likely software based, but you didn't tell us what
software you are using.

--
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

fred-bloggs

"Harold potter esq" <Bobsyirunclenfanniesyiraunt@****mail.com> wrote in
news:fXJgf.39$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi
>
> I am hoping that someone has got a dvd recorder same as mine. No
> matter what I do, I cannot record on it. Can play dvds but not
> record. I put a DVD+RW in and upon trying to record, I get the
> message....."The current disc is non recordable. Replace with a
> recordable disc". A lot of the options for setting up are 'greyed
> out'. No fancy quips please about google, sending it back etc. I
> have tried all to no avail and Sony do not seem to have a trouble
> shooting site. Any ideas please?

Have you tried recording on a DVD-RW or DVD-R? or a different brand of
DVD+RW?

--
fred

cineman

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews7408.html

take a look at this site
It would appear to be software based error.

"Harold potter esq" <Bobsyirunclenfanniesyiraunt@****mail.com> wrote in
message news:fXJgf.39$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hi
>
> I am hoping that someone has got a dvd recorder same as mine. No matter
> what I do, I cannot record on it. Can play dvds but not record. I put a
> DVD+RW in and upon trying to record, I get the message....."The current
> disc is non recordable. Replace with a recordable disc". A lot of the
> options for setting up are 'greyed out'. No fancy quips please about
> google, sending it back etc. I have tried all to no avail and Sony do not
> seem to have a trouble shooting site. Any ideas please?
> --
> This is not the work of a complete idiot....not yet.

Trax

"Harold potter esq" <Bobsyirunclenfanniesyiraunt@****mail.com> wrote:

|>Hi
|>
|>I am hoping that someone has got a dvd recorder same as mine. No matter
|>what I do, I cannot record on it. Can play dvds but not record. I put a
|>DVD+RW in and upon trying to record, I get the message....."The current disc
|>is non recordable. Replace with a recordable disc". A lot of the options
|>for setting up are 'greyed out'. No fancy quips please about google,
|>sending it back etc. I have tried all to no avail and Sony do not seem to
|>have a trouble shooting site. Any ideas please?

Might try ForceAspi http://radified.com/ASPI/forceaspi.htm
I've used it when ever I've had problems, fix'd most of them.

--
Redneck Roller Coaster

The Shed

"Harold potter esq" <Bobsyirunclenfanniesyiraunt@****mail.com> wrote in
message news:fXJgf.39$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hi
>
> I am hoping that someone has got a dvd recorder same as mine. No
> matter what I do, I cannot record on it. Can play dvds but not
> record. I put a DVD+RW in and upon trying to record, I get the
> message....."The current disc is non recordable. Replace with a
> recordable disc". A lot of the options for setting up are 'greyed
> out'. No fancy quips please about google, sending it back etc. I
> have tried all to no avail and Sony do not seem to have a trouble
> shooting site. Any ideas please?
> --
> This is not the work of a complete idiot....not yet.

You do not say which recorder you have-----try loading/using the
supplied software.
Do you have an entry for
roxio?