Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > mail forwarding

mail forwarding

aawither

Early this semester, I set up my email account to forward directly to my
hotmail account. There were a few quirks, but I thoiught everything had
been
worked out...until I just found out that my classmates have been receiving
notices about women being robbed at gunpoint. I have not received any of
these emails, neither in my MySlice Inbox, nor my hotmail account. Can you
please help me figure out what is going on and how I might be included in
these important communications?
Thank you
Abigail Withers

Evan Platt

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 12:52:14 -0500, aawither
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Early this semester, I set up my email account to forward directly to my
>hotmail account. There were a few quirks, but I thoiught everything had
>been
>worked out...until I just found out that my classmates have been receiving
>notices about women being robbed at gunpoint. I have not received any of
>these emails, neither in my MySlice Inbox, nor my hotmail account. Can you
>please help me figure out what is going on and how I might be included in
>these important communications?

You might want to contact your mail administrator.

Mike Easter

aawither wrote:

> I just found out that my classmates have been
> receiving notices about women being robbed at gunpoint. I have not
> received any of these emails,

You are posting your question to a worldwide usenet helpgroup, not a
university network group.

> Can you please help me figure out what is going on
> and how I might be included in these important communications?

Here's a page for new syr.edu students to go
http://cms.syr.edu/sucomputing/ to find out about getting hooked up in
the university system.

--
Mike Easter

Mike Easter

aawither wrote:

> I just found out that my classmates have been
> receiving notices about women being robbed at gunpoint. I have not
> received any of these emails,

Snurled DailyOrange link http://snipurl.com/k55r SU student dragged
into park, assaulted -- Halloween weekend brings 8 armed robberies
around SU area

// Marlene Hall, director of Public Safety, said Tuesday afternoon the
Campus Hot News e-mail would be out later that night. //

--
Mike Easter

Dan Evans

"aawither" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Early this semester, I set up my email account to forward directly to my
> hotmail account. There were a few quirks, but I thoiught everything had
> been
> worked out...until I just found out that my classmates have been receiving
> notices about women being robbed at gunpoint. I have not received any of
> these emails, neither in my MySlice Inbox, nor my hotmail account. Can
> you
> please help me figure out what is going on and how I might be included in
> these important communications?

I'm guessing that Hotmail are filtering it as spam - check the bilk mail
folder at hotmail.

Dan

Dave Lear

"aawither" wrote in message news:447467D6@OrangeMail

> Early this semester, I set up my email account to forward directly
> to my hotmail account. There were a few quirks, but I thoiught
> everything had been worked out...until I just found out that my
> classmates have been receiving notices about women being robbed
> at gunpoint. I have not received any of these emails, neither in my
> MySlice Inbox, nor my hotmail account. Can you please help me
> figure out what is going on and how I might be included in these
> important communications?

Could be that they're filtering out spam like this...
http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/carbump.asp

forwarding Args&&... vs forwarding Args... Andrew Tomazos C++ 5 01-05-2012 11:15 PM
ASA5510 dmz mail server forwarding to lan mail server drhopkins@cox.net Cisco 3 04-27-2007 02:42 AM
T'Bird MAil Forwarding as file Peter Arnold Firefox 6 08-04-2004 05:19 PM
Forwarding mail Nobody Firefox 3 02-15-2004 05:09 PM
Forwarding mail Lomer Firefox 6 01-26-2004 05:16 PM

Advertisments