Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > [OT?] Assigment notebooks

[OT?] Assigment notebooks

Richard Owlett

I say "OT?" as the quest refers back to days before PDA's, or even
computers ;}

Back in the 50's we had assignment notebooks -- spiral bound at top and
the size of steno pads. Each page had space for three assignments.

I'm attempting to tutor a disorganized 13 year old.
I think one of these would help.

I've checked local school and office supply stores without success.
Are they available in _this_ century?

Spike Malignant

Richard Owlett http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed), wrote in message
(E-Mail Removed):
> I say "OT?" as the quest refers back to days before PDA's, or even
> computers ;}
>
> Back in the 50's we had assignment notebooks -- spiral bound at top
> and the size of steno pads. Each page had space for three assignments.
>
> I'm attempting to tutor a disorganized 13 year old.
> I think one of these would help.
>
> I've checked local school and office supply stores without success.
> Are they available in _this_ century?

I'd wager the thirteen year old might just teach you a thing or two if you
asked.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&r...en&q=spiral+bo
und+assignment+books&spell=1

--
The well known spelling mistake.

"How long was I in the army? Five foot eleven"

Trent SC

>I say "OT?" as the quest refers back to days before PDA's, or even
>computers ;}
>
> Back in the 50's we had assignment notebooks -- spiral bound at top and
> the size of steno pads. Each page had space for three assignments.
>
> I'm attempting to tutor a disorganized 13 year old.
> I think one of these would help.
>
> I've checked local school and office supply stores without success.
> Are they available in _this_ century?

Since you don't say which country you're in, how is anyone supposed to
answer this?

Richard Owlett

Trent SC wrote:
>>I say "OT?" as the quest refers back to days before PDA's, or even
>>computers ;}
>>
>>Back in the 50's we had assignment notebooks -- spiral bound at top and
>>the size of steno pads. Each page had space for three assignments.
>>
>>I'm attempting to tutor a disorganized 13 year old.
>>I think one of these would help.
>>
>>I've checked local school and office supply stores without success.
>>Are they available in _this_ century?

> Since you don't say which country you're in, how is anyone supposed to
> answer this?

OOOPS ;}
The good old USA. Southwest Missouri specifically. Where cattle, pigs,
and chickens outnumber people.

Dexter

Richard Owlett (E-Mail Removed), wrote in message
(E-Mail Removed):
> Trent SC wrote:
>>> I say "OT?" as the quest refers back to days before PDA's, or even
>>> computers ;}
>>>
>>> Back in the 50's we had assignment notebooks -- spiral bound at top
>>> and the size of steno pads. Each page had space for three
>>> assignments. I'm attempting to tutor a disorganized 13 year old.
>>> I think one of these would help.
>>>
>>> I've checked local school and office supply stores without success.
>>> Are they available in _this_ century?

>> Since you don't say which country you're in, how is anyone supposed
>> to answer this?
>>

> OOOPS ;}
> The good old USA. Southwest Missouri specifically. Where cattle, pigs,
> and chickens outnumber people.

So, what's a pig like you want with a thirteen year old and a spiral bound
assignment book?

--
.... psychosomatic

Plato

Richard Owlett wrote:

> The good old USA. Southwest Missouri specifically. Where cattle, pigs,
> and chickens outnumber people.

Gotta move there I like bacon.....

Carol2

"Richard Owlett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Trent SC wrote:
>>>I say "OT?" as the quest refers back to days before PDA's, or even
>>>computers ;}
>>>
>>>Back in the 50's we had assignment notebooks -- spiral bound at top
>>>and the size of steno pads. Each page had space for three
>>>assignments.
>>>
>>>I'm attempting to tutor a disorganized 13 year old.
>>>I think one of these would help.
>>>
>>>I've checked local school and office supply stores without success.
>>>Are they available in _this_ century?

>> Since you don't say which country you're in, how is anyone supposed
>> to answer this?

> OOOPS ;}
> The good old USA. Southwest Missouri specifically. Where cattle, pigs,
> and chickens outnumber people.

I haven't seen anything like this in a long, long time.......but haven't
been looking, either. LOL You might try the school supply section of
Office Max or a local college book store. Otherwise, you might try
designing your own in your word processor. MS Office offers quite a
good selection of templates at their web site.

Carol2