Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Cell Phone Data Transfer Cable

Reply
Thread Tools

Cell Phone Data Transfer Cable

 
 
Rosco
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-20-2005
I recently purchased a data transfer cable from ebay for my Cell. It
included the USB driver cd as well as extra rigntones and wall paper.
The drivers installed very easily but now I have a problem. I can't
figure out how to upload to my phone or download from from my pc. I now
realize more software is required to do so, with that in mind can
anyone recomment low cost software that will support my phone and pc
XP Home
USB data transfer cable
Samsung SPH-A660 (Sprint VI-660)
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Unk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-20-2005
On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 04:20:48 GMT, Rosco <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I recently purchased a data transfer cable from ebay for my Cell. It
>included the USB driver cd as well as extra rigntones and wall paper.
>The drivers installed very easily but now I have a problem. I can't
>figure out how to upload to my phone or download from from my pc. I now
>realize more software is required to do so, with that in mind can
>anyone recomment low cost software that will support my phone and pc
>XP Home
>USB data transfer cable
>Samsung SPH-A660 (Sprint VI-660)


DataPilot
http://www.datapilot.com/

SnapSync
http://www.futuredial.com/FDCart/Pro...omo=FDA-NTRTEN
Also available at RadioShack

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Rosco
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-20-2005
Unk cried out

> On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 04:20:48 GMT, Rosco
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I recently purchased a data transfer cable from ebay for my Cell.
>>It included the USB driver cd as well as extra rigntones and wall
>>paper. The drivers installed very easily but now I have a problem.
>>I can't figure out how to upload to my phone or download from from
>>my pc. I now realize more software is required to do so, with that
>>in mind can anyone recomment low cost software that will support
>>my phone and pc XP Home
>>USB data transfer cable
>>Samsung SPH-A660 (Sprint VI-660)

>
> DataPilot
> http://www.datapilot.com/
>
> SnapSync
> http://www.futuredial.com/FDCart/Pro...pid=121&cid=30
> &promo=FDA-NTRTEN Also available at RadioShack
>
>


Both of those programs list the can only pull the Phonebook and
Scheduler
 
Reply With Quote
 
Unk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-21-2005
On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 21:57:06 GMT, Rosco <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Unk cried out
>
>> On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 04:20:48 GMT, Rosco
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>I recently purchased a data transfer cable from ebay for my Cell.
>>>It included the USB driver cd as well as extra rigntones and wall
>>>paper. The drivers installed very easily but now I have a problem.
>>>I can't figure out how to upload to my phone or download from from
>>>my pc. I now realize more software is required to do so, with that
>>>in mind can anyone recomment low cost software that will support
>>>my phone and pc XP Home
>>>USB data transfer cable
>>>Samsung SPH-A660 (Sprint VI-660)

>>
>> DataPilot
>> http://www.datapilot.com/
>>
>> SnapSync
>> http://www.futuredial.com/FDCart/Pro...pid=121&cid=30
>> &promo=FDA-NTRTEN Also available at RadioShack
>>
>>

>
>Both of those programs list the can only pull the Phonebook and
>Scheduler


I guess you didn't bother to look at them.
DataPilot supports Phone Book, Ringtones, Image Editor, Calendar, SMS Manager, and Internet...
 
Reply With Quote
 
Rosco
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-21-2005
Unk cried out

> On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 21:57:06 GMT, Rosco
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Unk cried out
>>
>>> On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 04:20:48 GMT, Rosco
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>
>>>>I recently purchased a data transfer cable from ebay for my
>>>>Cell. It included the USB driver cd as well as extra rigntones
>>>>and wall paper. The drivers installed very easily but now I have
>>>>a problem. I can't figure out how to upload to my phone or
>>>>download from from my pc. I now realize more software is
>>>>required to do so, with that in mind can anyone recomment low
>>>>cost software that will support my phone and pc XP Home
>>>>USB data transfer cable
>>>>Samsung SPH-A660 (Sprint VI-660)
>>>
>>> DataPilot
>>> http://www.datapilot.com/
>>>
>>> SnapSync
>>> http://www.futuredial.com/FDCart/Pro...s.aspx?pid=121

&cid=
>>> 30 &promo=FDA-NTRTEN Also available at RadioShack
>>>
>>>

>>
>>Both of those programs list the can only pull the Phonebook and
>>Scheduler

>
> I guess you didn't bother to look at them.
> DataPilot supports Phone Book, Ringtones, Image Editor, Calendar,
> SMS Manager, and Internet...
>


Yes, it supports all that in general, but if you look specifiacally
at the features it supportrs on my phone (Samsung SPH-A660, Sprint
VI-660) it only supports phone book manager, internet data connect,
and calendar
 
Reply With Quote
 
John H. Guillory
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-28-2005
On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 06:09:50 GMT, Rosco
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:


>Yes, it supports all that in general, but if you look specifiacally
>at the features it supportrs on my phone (Samsung SPH-A660, Sprint
>VI-660) it only supports phone book manager, internet data connect,
>and calendar

Not knowing that phone in particular (I'm a Nokia fan myself), I'd
guess that your particular phone doesn't support transferring
ringtones via data cable. I'd ask the author of the data pilot
program on their website if possible as to why they don't support it
only on your phone to be sure, but sounds that way. This wouldn't
happen to be a low-end pay as you go phone that is more than likely
only useable on Sprint Networks, is it? If so, then Sprint more than
likely cut a deal with Samsung to restrict the installation of
Ringtones to force you to have to download them via internet or
through their network. I got one phone through Cingular that could
not get a data cable, then later upgraded to a newer phone that has
the data cable adapter, and doubt seriously I'll ever go back to being
forced to use the internet to download my own ringtones.... Especially
because I can't find a single website that has the ringtones I want
and that sounds decent. All of the ones I find either don't have the
type of ring tones I like, they sound kinda like you recorded the
music to an old LP album, then threw the record at a brick wall, then
played it on a cheap $15.00 record player, while recording it to your
cellphone..... I've got software from Nokia to convert ringtones that
sound like the original .mp3/.wav file on the phone, or play the .mid
files I allready have on my PC, without having to buy someone's
horrible excuse for a re-make.... Especially the horrible sounding
Axel-F that didn't even sound like the original song... Phone
companies want to charge you on the average $5.00/ringtone, when you
can download all you want for free and upload it to your phone....
BTW, another thought is to see if there's more than one data cable for
your phone. Eg. with some Nokia phones, they can use 2 different
types of cables. (Mine claims there is 2 different cables available,
and you just have to figure out which type you have by which option
works in the software.... (Actually 3, a generic cable that I have
that is listed as Generic GSM cable, and 2 different Nokia modals....)
 
Reply With Quote
 
Rosco
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-28-2005
John H. Guillory cried out

> On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 06:09:50 GMT, Rosco
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>
>>Yes, it supports all that in general, but if you look
>>specifiacally at the features it supportrs on my phone (Samsung
>>SPH-A660, Sprint VI-660) it only supports phone book manager,
>>internet data connect, and calendar

> Not knowing that phone in particular (I'm a Nokia fan myself), I'd
> guess that your particular phone doesn't support transferring
> ringtones via data cable. I'd ask the author of the data pilot
> program on their website if possible as to why they don't support
> it only on your phone to be sure, but sounds that way. This
> wouldn't happen to be a low-end pay as you go phone that is more
> than likely only useable on Sprint Networks, is it? If so, then
> Sprint more than likely cut a deal with Samsung to restrict the
> installation of Ringtones to force you to have to download them
> via internet or through their network. I got one phone through
> Cingular that could not get a data cable, then later upgraded to a
> newer phone that has the data cable adapter, and doubt seriously
> I'll ever go back to being forced to use the internet to download
> my own ringtones.... Especially because I can't find a single
> website that has the ringtones I want and that sounds decent. All
> of the ones I find either don't have the type of ring tones I
> like, they sound kinda like you recorded the music to an old LP
> album, then threw the record at a brick wall, then played it on a
> cheap $15.00 record player, while recording it to your
> cellphone..... I've got software from Nokia to convert ringtones
> that sound like the original .mp3/.wav file on the phone, or play
> the .mid files I allready have on my PC, without having to buy
> someone's horrible excuse for a re-make.... Especially the
> horrible sounding Axel-F that didn't even sound like the original
> song... Phone companies want to charge you on the average
> $5.00/ringtone, when you can download all you want for free and
> upload it to your phone.... BTW, another thought is to see if
> there's more than one data cable for your phone. Eg. with some
> Nokia phones, they can use 2 different types of cables. (Mine
> claims there is 2 different cables available, and you just have to
> figure out which type you have by which option works in the
> software.... (Actually 3, a generic cable that I have that is
> listed as Generic GSM cable, and 2 different Nokia modals....)
>


no, its a full contract phone, but it was the freebie, its probably
just not possible with this phone, it would not suprise me at all,
thanks though for all of your help.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"This is good news for all cell phon user "Earn mony by ur cell phone pavan prabhat Digital Photography 0 05-24-2007 07:18 AM
Using Blue tooth to transfer files from PC to Cell phone? Ozark Computer Support 3 07-02-2006 05:27 PM
Mobile Phone to Mobile Phone Data Transfer Zahoor Java 1 11-15-2003 02:35 PM



Advertisments