Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Monitor refresh rate

Monitor refresh rate

Martik

My 955DF samsung supports 68hz at 1600x1200 but I can only see 60 or 70 to
adjust the refresh rate using the Nvidia settings tool. Video card is a
FX5700LE. How can I set it to use 68hz?

why?

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 04:24:02 GMT, Martik wrote:

>My 955DF samsung supports 68hz at 1600x1200 but I can only see 60 or 70 to
>adjust the refresh rate using the Nvidia settings tool. Video card is a

You didn't say what the monitor description is in Display | Settings.
Some will be Standard SVGA , other if you download the inf file from the
manufacturer may be different, this lets The OS (Windows) know the
monitor settings.

For example my Samsung 191T is listed fully as
SyncMaster 191T/195T/190T in display properties.

>FX5700LE. How can I set it to use 68hz?

68 seems a bit odd, although it's mentioned in this review as flickery
and most will be 65Hz.
http://www.dansdata.com/955df.htm

Look on the Samsung site for a driver file.

Me

Lou Labetti

Sometimes the monitor has a driver disk included in it. I have sold AOC and
Hanso; that I needed to install there driver disk in order to get to there
refresh rate

--Big

"Martik" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> My 955DF samsung supports 68hz at 1600x1200 but I can only see 60 or 70 to
> adjust the refresh rate using the Nvidia settings tool. Video card is a
> FX5700LE. How can I set it to use 68hz?

Martik

news(E-Mail Removed)...

> On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 04:24:02 GMT, Martik wrote:
>
>>My 955DF samsung supports 68hz at 1600x1200 but I can only see 60 or 70 to
>>adjust the refresh rate using the Nvidia settings tool. Video card is a

> You didn't say what the monitor description is in Display | Settings.
> Some will be Standard SVGA , other if you download the inf file from the
> manufacturer may be different, this lets The OS (Windows) know the
> monitor settings.
>
> For example my Samsung 191T is listed fully as
> SyncMaster 191T/195T/190T in display properties.
>
>>FX5700LE. How can I set it to use 68hz?

> 68 seems a bit odd, although it's mentioned in this review as flickery
> and most will be 65Hz.
> http://www.dansdata.com/955df.htm
>
> Look on the Samsung site for a driver file.
>
> Me

Driver was installed and shows as a 955DF but only 60,70 is available. I'm
running 1600x1200@60 now and the flickering is almost undetectable.

why?

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 21:21:37 GMT, Martik wrote:

>news(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>
>> On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 04:24:02 GMT, Martik wrote:
>>
>>>My 955DF samsung supports 68hz at 1600x1200 but I can only see 60 or 70 to
>>>adjust the refresh rate using the Nvidia settings tool. Video card is a

<snip>

>>>FX5700LE. How can I set it to use 68hz?

>> 68 seems a bit odd, although it's mentioned in this review as flickery
>> and most will be 65Hz.
>> http://www.dansdata.com/955df.htm
>>
>> Look on the Samsung site for a driver file.
>>
>> Me

>Driver was installed and shows as a 955DF but only 60,70 is available. I'm
>running 1600x1200@60 now and the flickering is almost undetectable.

That's still pushing the res to the high end for that monitor. You may
have to try a lower res to get 75/80/85Hz.

There are some interesting comments in the article mentioned above.

Then there is always the contact info on the Samsung site.

Me