Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > File attachment problems

File attachment problems

Addisons

I have WinXP Home and cannot send an attachment using Yahoo! mail. I have
tried using Mozilla Firefox (1.0.7), Netscape (8.0.3.3), and Internet
Explorer (6.0.2900). All goes well until I go to the directory where the
file is stored. A message pops up and states, "has encountered a problem and
needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience". Of course, another
window pops-up to ask me if I want to report the problem or not. I have even
tried sending a message to different addressees, with no luck. What could
cause this? Virus? Trojan? All sensible ideas will be appreciated.

TIA,
Hawkeye65

Toolman Tim

In news:87618$437bfdc7$18d67565$(E-Mail Removed),
Addisons spewed forth:
> I have WinXP Home and cannot send an attachment using Yahoo! mail. I
> have tried using Mozilla Firefox (1.0.7), Netscape (8.0.3.3), and
> Internet Explorer (6.0.2900). All goes well until I go to the
> directory where the file is stored. A message pops up and states,
> "has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the
> inconvenience". Of course, another window pops-up to ask me if I want
> to report the problem or not. I have even tried sending a message to
> different addressees, with no luck. What could cause this? Virus?
> Trojan? All sensible ideas will be appreciated.
>
> TIA,
> Hawkeye65

Have you tried putting the file you want to send in a different location on
your computer before you attempt to browse for it in Yahoo? Like, put it on
the desktop. Then try to attach it. Dunno if that will help or not.

like an idiot.

Mike Easter

Addisons wrote:
> All goes well until I go to the
> directory where the file is stored. A message pops up and states,
> "has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Errrk! That sounds pretty unstable. That's just a little bit of
navigating with a fileselector.

Are you sure you aren't having some other problems doing some other
things?

--
Mike Easter

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Addisons wrote:
> I have WinXP Home and cannot send an attachment using Yahoo! mail. I have
> tried using Mozilla Firefox (1.0.7), Netscape (8.0.3.3), and Internet
> Explorer (6.0.2900). All goes well until I go to the directory where the
> file is stored. A message pops up and states, "has encountered a problem and
> needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience". Of course, another
> window pops-up to ask me if I want to report the problem or not. I have even
> tried sending a message to different addressees, with no luck. What could
> cause this? Virus? Trojan? All sensible ideas will be appreciated.

Could be that the file you're trying to attach is corrupted. What
happens if you try other files? If it's just that one, run chkdsk /f and
okay it running on restart, then restart.

Trying to send Excel attachment; the operation failed due to network or other communication problems Edward Computer Support 5 03-24-2007 10:52 PM
Problems extracting attachment from email foten Python 3 04-08-2005 07:14 AM
Attachment Problems Computer Support 1 08-05-2004 11:19 PM
Problems decoding and writing mail attachment edwinek Python 2 08-04-2003 01:08 PM
File content / attachment fails in SSL Michael Brennan ASP .Net 0 07-07-2003 03:01 PM

Advertisments