Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > home theatre to access audio files

home theatre to access audio files

Om_Audio

What are some good ways to access audio files stored on a NAS or PC from a
home entertainment system? I know there are routers and such to support this
but they all have pros/cons- I'm looking for real world experience. Thanks-

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Om_Audio wrote:
> What are some good ways to access audio files stored on a NAS or PC from a
> home entertainment system? I know there are routers and such to support this
> but they all have pros/cons- I'm looking for real world experience. Thanks-

Burn the MP3s to CDR and play it in the home theatre. Or run a cable
from the computer sound card's "line out" to the home theatre's "line
in" jacks.

Raving Loonie

Rgr wrote:
> Om_Audio wrote:
> > What are some good ways to access audio files stored on a NAS or PC from a
> > home entertainment system? I know there are routers and such to support this
> > but they all have pros/cons- I'm looking for real world experience. Thanks-

> Burn the MP3s to CDR and play it in the home theatre. Or run a cable
> from the computer sound card's "line out" to the home theatre's "line
> in" jacks.

Repeating, OP ...

' What are some good ways to access audio files stored on a NAS or PC
from a
home entertainment system? I know there are routers and such to support
this
but they all have pros/cons- I'm looking for real world experience.
Thanks- '

I am an audio(phile/fool) ...

1) I would like a nice clean digital signal out to feed the DAC.
2) Full featured jukebox management program ...

Any other suggestions?

RL