Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Unable to make compatible.

Unable to make compatible.

Oscar Teliz

I have a less than one year old Dell Dimension 3000 running Windows XP. It
has a CD-RW unit in it, is a HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8438-B. I am not able to
burn DVD's and make them compatible. Not only I can't see them on any of the
three DVD players in the house, they won't even play in other computers.
This happens with both CDR's and CDRW's. Also, attempts to format the discs
have resulted in the system showing a full disc. Can anyone help me? Thanks
very much.

gordon

Oscar Teliz wrote:
> I have a less than one year old Dell Dimension 3000 running Windows XP. It
> has a CD-RW unit in it, is a HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8438-B. I am not able to
> burn DVD's and make them compatible. Not only I can't see them on any of the
> three DVD players in the house, they won't even play in other computers.
> This happens with both CDR's and CDRW's. Also, attempts to format the discs
> have resulted in the system showing a full disc. Can anyone help me? Thanks
> very much.

Well if it's a *CD* -RW then it won't burn DVDs AFAIK. You need a *DVD*
- RW to burn DVDs. What CD Burning software are you using?

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Ubuntu 5.10, Pan, Evolution and Firefox