Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Search Function

Search Function

WeeWilly

I have Win XP and when I hit the Search button, XP uses Yahoo. Is there a
way to change that default to Google?

Thanks

--
Bill

Evan Platt

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 12:30:02 -0800, "WeeWilly" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have Win XP and when I hit the Search button, XP uses Yahoo. Is there a
>way to change that default to Google?

What search button? Where?

WeeWilly

Sorry.. Using IE, there is a Search button on the top tool bar.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 12:30:02 -0800, "WeeWilly" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>I have Win XP and when I hit the Search button, XP uses Yahoo. Is there a
>>way to change that default to Google?

> What search button? Where?

Swiss Tony

"WeeWilly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry.. Using IE, there is a Search button on the top tool bar.

http://www.google.com/options/defaults.html

Unk

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 12:30:02 -0800, "WeeWilly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have Win XP and when I hit the Search button, XP uses Yahoo. Is there a
>way to change that default to Google?
>
>Thanks

Change the Internet Search Behavior of Your Browser in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=303210

Ann

wrote:

>I have Win XP and when I hit the Search button, XP uses Yahoo. Is there a
>way to change that default to Google?

This might help.. install one of these then you can just use the URL
bar as a search tool and it will use google to search with.

http://www.google.com/options/defaults.html#default

Ann